Chapter 5

An older man stood in front of Will Byers' casket, a book opened in his hands as he read lines from the page. Olivia stood next to Lucas, one out of the four boys she has known since forever. He would look up at her every once in a while, making sure that she was okay. The young boy knew this was hard for her since her parents weren't the easiest comforters in her life.

Olivia noticed an older man sitting next to Jonathan, causing her brows to draw closer to each other as she studied him. She had no idea who the man was, but from the looks of it and from what stories Jonathan and Will told her, she assumed it was their father.

Everyone in the funeral tossed single roses onto Will's casket, some crying while others remained with soft expressions. Olivia stood back by her parents, too hurt to go up and do something. Anything.

As everyone began scattering out, Olivia wandered off away from her parents, who didn't notice. She stood behind Joyce Byers as she gently laid her hand on her shoulder. The older woman turned around, first a distraught look on her face, but I quickly turned into relief when her eyes met Olivia's.

"I'm so sorry about everything." The hazel-eyed girl's expression softened as she noticed how stressed the mother looked. Olivia gave her a soft hug before releasing gently.

"It's good to see you, sweetheart." Joyce muttered softly, looking around anxiously at the crowd of people.

"If it makes you feel any better," Olivia started, a small smile on her face. "I think Will is still out there and I know someone is going to find him." The mother quickly gave her a lightly smile, relieved that someone believed she was still sane. Olivia had known Joyce for a long time, and she was like a second mother figure to the teenager.

"Thank you, Liv." Joyce smiled once more before realizing that Olivia was looking behind herself, her eyes glued to the three boys. "You can go." She reassured her. Olivia gave her a thankful look before sauntering off to Mike, Lucas and Dustin.

She got to the trio, noticing Mike looking most upset out of the rest. "Are you guys okay?" She muttered cautiously, knowing how hard this must be for the boys.

Mike turned around to the older girl, relief washing over him to see such a warm and familiar face. He quickly wrapped his arms around her stomach, closing his eyes as his head rested on her torso. She smiled barely before hugging him back.

After they released from the hug, she gave Lucas and Dustin each desperate hugs, which they both needed.

"Look, I gotta go find your sister," The dark-haired girl looked as Mike as she spoke. "But if you need anything, don't be scared to call, okay?"

The three boys all gave her precious smiles before she walked off, her eyes spotting Nancy in the distance. She then looked not far away and saw Jonathan.

_________________________________________________

The three teenagers sat on the ground, all of them leaning up against a metal pole fence. Jonathan held a map in his hands, the two girls looking at him from beside him. 

"This is where we know for sure it's been, right?" Jonathan asked as he looked torwards Nancy and Olivia.

"So, that's..." Nancy began, pointing at the paper, but before she could finish, Olivia jumped in.

"Steve's house." She stated confidently, immediately recognizing the area since she's been to his house more times than in counting.

"And that's the woods where they found Will's bike and..." Jonathan pointed to one of the drawn red X's on the paper, then motioning his hand to another red X not far from it. "That's my house."