Chapter 36

"Dustin, do you copy?" Robin spoke through the walkie-talkie while Max, Olivia, Steve, and Dustin continued to saunter into the school where they would hopefully find any documents of Ms. Kelley's patients.

"Yeah, I copy." Dustin nodded.

"So, Nancy's a genuis. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959." Robin explained, Olivia listening with furrowed brows. "Her shot in the dark was a bull's-eye."

"Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." Dustin rolled his eyes slightly.

"What are you doing?" Robin questioned in confusion.

"Oh, just breaking into the highschool to retrieve confidential files because we always seem to be the group who fights monsters." Olivia muttered casually, Steve and Dustin both looking at her with slightly wide eyes.

"Can you repeat that?" Robin questioned in disbelief, Olivia already knowing the girl was staring with furrowed brows and a dropped jaw.

"Just get your ass over here, stat." Dustin cut in, rolling his eyes. "We'll explain everything." With that, Dustin turned off the device, stuffing it back into his backpack, then following after Olivia and Max, who were now standing in front of the door to Ms. Kelley's office.

Once they had gotten into the counselor's office, Max and Olivia had immediatly moved over to the storage cabinets where they knew the confidential files would be. The two sisters didn't even pay attention to Steve and Dustin conversating behind them, Max pulling out Chrissy Cunningham's file, while Olivia searched for anything else that could do good, what? She didn't know.

As Max pulled out Chrissy's file, Olivia's jaw slacked open in shock at what she saw. Max furrowed her brows, hovering over her sister's shoulder when noticing the shock on her face.

"Holy shit." Max muttered, finally realizing what she was reading. In the brunette's hands was a file which read 'Fred Benson'.

"You found it?" Steve questioned, walking over to the girls and putting his hand on Olivia's back.

"Yeah, and not jsut Chrissy's file." Max muttered, still looking at the file in her sister's hands.

"Fred was seeing Ms. Kelley too." Olivia muttered, turning torwards Steve and Dustin, watching as their jaws slacked open slightly as they observed the file in her hands. Max wasted no time to flip through the files, Olivia at her side as she too helped the process move faster. It felt wrong for her to be going through a dead girl's file, but she knew she would want the same thing done to her if she died and their was a problem to be solved.

As she read through the list of symptoms, she suddenly felt a feeling of familiarity and fear wash over her.

Past Trauma.

Terrible Nightmares.

Difficulty sleeping.

Headaches.

And then she realized, she had been going through the same thing, and so was her sister.

Her breath got stuck in her throat as she stared down at the paper, slightly sliding her chair back away from the desk, but trying not to bring the attention to her.

"Can I see Fred's file?" Max questioned, turning to Olivia, breaking her out of her thoughts.

"Oh, yeah. Here." Olivia grabbed the file out of her lap, moving it on the desk for Max to grab, the red-head quickly flipping through the pages. When she then read the same symptoms upon Fred's file, her jaw completely fell open, not only because he had been going through the same thing, but so was her and her sister and she never even realized it had more of a meaning.