Chapter 15

As the trio continued walking on the tracks, Olivia found herself stuck behind the two boys, throwing extra pieces of meat into the tracks, even thought they were already covering that. She could only listen in on their conversation and cut in whenever she felt needed to, but other than that, she was too angry with Steve still to say anything besides.

"All right, so let me get this straight." Steve started. "Tou kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met?" Steve re-capped, looking over at Dustin in confusion.

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin shook his head.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve questioned with confusion.

"An interdimensional slug? Because is awesome." Dustin chuckled, looking at Steve as if it was an obvious retort.

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just... I don't know. I just feel like you're trying too hard." Steve told him, giving the young boy his advice, which Olivia was grimacing at.

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Olivia smirked from behind the boys, looking up at Steve's hair.

"It's not about the hair, man." Olivia scoffed, although they hadn't heard her over their speaking. "The key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care." She gave him a questioning glance from behind Steve, not even knowing what to think.

"Even if you do?" Dustin questioned, causing Olivia's expression to soften as she watched Dustin be so concerned for the possible relationship he could have with this girl.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve nodded.

"Then what?" Dustin questioned.

"You just wait until, uh... until you feel it." Steve finally said, Olivia thinking to herself as she thought about always feeling something for her best friend. "Feel what?" Dustin questioned, Olivia snapping out of her thoughts as she looked over at the back of Dustin's head.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know?" Olivia frowned, confused by his metaphor. "You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?" Steve stuttered at his words, nervous to be speaking of what he was in front of Olivia.

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" Dustin wasn't quite getting it, and neither was the girl behind them.

"No, no, no, no, no. Like a... Like a sexual electricity." Olivia's eyes fell wide as she listened to the boy, looking up at the back of his head.

"Oh." Dustin said awkwardly, nodding slowly.

"You feel that and then you make your move." Steve told him.

"So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin questioned, looking up at Steve.

"No, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo." Steve quickly raised his voice, throwing more pieces of meat onto the tracks as they walked.

"Sorry."

"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a... I don't know, like a lion." Olivia grimaced at his words, shaking her head with a silent laugh. "But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a..." Steve tried thinking of another metaphor. "Like a ninja."

"What time is Nancy?" Dustin questioned, Olivia sending guns to the back of Dustin's head with her fingers, cursing under her breath in anger. She had been slowly cooling down while they walked, and now it has only gotten worse.