44

Mikey and Emma were talking to each other in the living room when they heard the quarrel between Takemichi and Akane, but they chose not to interfere or watch. They are both surprised because this is the first time they have seen Takemichi display so many emotions.

"Big brother, do you have a chance to defeat Takemichi?" Emma looked at Mikey meaningfully.

Mikey raised an eyebrow and replied, "Why did you ask?" Did you want me to beat him up? " 

Emma: "It's not like that; it's just you need to be prepared." Emma smiled softly while Mkey looked confused.

When Emma saw Mikey's confused face, she continued, "Takemichi is the type of person who will do everything for his loved ones, and that's the reason why he is like this." 

"Huh? What do you mean? " Mikey asked.

"For him, as long as his loved ones were safe, he didn't care if he killed someone or not, as long as the person he wanted to be safe was safe."

"I kind of noticed it too. Everyone is just noise to him as long as the one he loves is safe... Wait, how do you know Takemichi so much? " Mikey asked suspiciously.

"Like any other girl who has a crush on Takemichi, I am one of them; he is my childhood love, and I once dreamed of being with him forever," Emma says softly.

Mikey chuckles, "He is really admirable, isn't he?" 

"Yeah, I really love him so much, but I know that both of us will never be together." Emma sighed.

Mikey: "It's getting late; we should sleep. Goodnight, Emma." Mikey smiles.

"Goodnight, Mikey." Emma watches Mikey leave.

"Someday, Mikey, you will know the truth soon enough... I'm not your biological sister, I'm just... just a slave. " A tear drops on Emma's cheeks as she walks towards her room.

Hinata and Takemichi had already gone to the guest room to sleep together. Emma was lying on her bed staring blankly at the ceiling. A tear dropped on Emma's face.

"Why? Why did you sell me and Izana?"

...

The next day, Takemichi and Hinata choose not to go to school because of what happened. They just stay at the Sano residence with Emma. Shinichiro and Akane have already left for their work. 

Takemichi is now deep in thought on the bench outside. He is now trying to devise his next plan to prevent something bad from happening in the future. He didn't notice Emma approaching him because he was dazed. While holding a cup of coffee, Emma looked at the dazed Takemichi.

Emma pauses for a moment before sighing, "Takemichi kun, can I sit her with you?"

Takemichi came out of his thought and looked at Emma, simply saying, "I don't mind."

Emma took a deep breath and sat beside him, "I make this coffee for you."

Takemichi looked at Emma and said, "You can drink it, I don't like coffee."

"Uhmm... Sure," Emma says helplessly.

Takemichi feels bad about rejecting it, but he doesn't like coffee, so he has no choice. He and Emma aren't particularly close, but he feels compelled to thank her.

"Hey... I need to tell you something," Takemichi said. Emma, who was sipping her coffee, looks at Takemichi.

"What is it?" Emma inquires.

"Thank you for saving Hinata; without you, I don't know what would have happened to her."

"You really love her huh?" Emma says softly.