Chapter II

" ang ganda pa ng ngiti ko dito, babalik pa kaya ito?" she whispered.

sad, alone, and lonely. Eliza is peacefully lying in her room in Makati. It is already 3:14 am and she's still awake, "tak,tak, utak sige na oh matulog na tayo may pasok pa ako mamaya" talking to herself. She decided to go out straight to the refrigerator to look for milk.

"Ayan tibay at busog gabi-gabi" She mimicked an endorser's voice as she drank the milk at the island corner.

"Eliza baby, why are you still awake at this hour?" a voice of his Father, interrupted her munimuni drinking. Her gaze fixed on Greggy, who's approaching her.

"ah , dad you're here pala. Di kasi ako makatulog. Ikaw po bat gising pa kayo?" Eliza asked and tap the vacant seat beside her. " I forgot to get my case sa car anak. Kinuha ko lang" He answered scratching her head and took a seat beside her daughter.

Eliza raised her brows, "Ha, at this hour? Nakakaloka ka dad ha. Teka come with me dad, I have something to give you, well not really for you, for mommy to" She chuckled and went to her room. Greggy followed her.

"Ayan, oh i bought that sa manang kaninang hapon, naawa ako kaya i just thought that mom might like this" she gave the bouquet, arranged wonderfully. "Oh this is wonderful anak, im sure your mommy will like this. Okay, I'll go na ha. sleep na din, maaga pa ang pasok mo bukas" He kissed his daughter and went out of her room bringing the boquet.

Eliza sighs, "nakalimutan nya, nakalimutan na naman nila ako." She mumbled as she rest on her bed, a tear escaping from her lovely eyes. She closed her eyes and finally fell into deep slumber.

It's 5:30 in the morning when Eliza's alarm clock rang. She immediately turn it off and went up to prepare for school. "Nice. sakto, walang labis walang kulang" She tapped herself as she turned off the second wave of 6:20 alarm clock rang. Eliza energetically went down the stairs, bringing her backpack and folder.

"Ang ganda naman ng pamangkin ko na ito, kumusta ang aming with high honor baby?" Imee greeted her niece the moment she saw her. "Mama, you're here! Thank you!" She giggled and showered her with kisses

"Si Papa Mark po?" She queried looking for Mark. "ay she's in the car waiting for you, darling" Imee is excited for today is Eliza's Seniors Graduation.

"Mama halika na, drive thru tayong tatlo for breakfast missed ko na kumain na may parents" Eliza suggested to her aunt, She just smiled at her weakly, "I'm sorry if you need to feel this pain, lizzy" she thought.

"Papa yung akin 2 piece burger steak with extra rice. Tapos yung drinks ko po chocolate float and then 1 chicken burger and 1 cookies and cream sundae" She confidently rold Mark, who's carefully listening to her orders. The three are now on their way to Brookmans International School of Manila.

Imee looked at her in shock, "anak ang dami naman nyan, hindi ka ba pinapakain ng mga magulang mo?" Mark laughed, and looked at the cashier, "will order in double what my niece's wanted, miss" He gave the debit card to the cashier for payment.

"Mama, sana maramdaman ko to palagi noh, yung kumakain na maraming kasama" Eliza said out of the blue while she is chewing her food. Mark and Imee looked at with each other, "Eliza, parati ka namang may kasama ha, you are always with your nana sonya" She cupped her face. 

Eliza smiled lightly, a tear escaped in her eyes. "Yung kain po kasi na kasama ang pamilya, yung totoo kong pamilya mama. Naisip ko nga na if multiverse is real what if naging anak nyo na lang ako kaysa kay mommy, mararanasan ko pa din ba ang sakit na to"

"Eliza, baby looked at papa, mahal ka ng parents mo, sobra sobra. It's just they are busy working for your future. Nandito kami ng mama imee mo" Mark comforted her. Eliza looked at his eyes, full of love and sweetness, she smiled bitterly. Imee just hugged her niece to ease the burden she felt.

The moment the three stepped out of the van, they are guarded by a bunch of bodyguards. "Nandito na daw ang lola at mga pinsan mo. Your papa bong and mama liza is on their way na daw" She told her niece as they went to the auditorium.

"Lola, is there mama oh!" Eliza giggled and pointed to where their family is staying. Imee chuckled as she sees her Mom's legendary hairstyle, "alam ko bakit mabilis mo silang nahanap" she laughed hysterically. Habang papalapit, unti unting nawawala ang ngiti ni Eliza, She is expecting that her parents are already inside and will attent to her Graduation.

"Elayyy! Congratss talino mo ha. Your adviser was here kanina and she said you are naturally intelligent daw" Matt, greeted her with a hug. "Wow nahiya naman ako sayo haa pero thanks kuya" She hugged back her cousin. The other boys also did the same, congratulating her.

"Apo ko, congratulations! In any minute from now, lalakad kana sa stage na yan at sasabitan ng napakaraming medalya" Imelda stood up and hug her only girl. "Thank you lola, pero siyempre forever baby mo pa din ako" She chuckled. The Presidential Family have already arrive, everyone's presence were fixed to them. The announcer then announces their arrival.

As they had a conversation, Eliza's eyes were roaming around. It's already 8:30 and the program will start soon, Imee suddenly notices that her niece is looking around, specifically the gates of the auditorium, "are you okay love? Kinakabahan ka ba?" She asked her. Eliza shook her head, " I'm waiting for mommy and daddy, mama" Imee just hugged her tightly and smiled. She knew that her niece is living in hope for her whole life and now, on her special day, she is still hoping.

The program has already started, The graduate is asked to go to their respective seats already and everyone to settle down. The whole program was enormously wonderful, entertaining, inspiring, and organized. Throughout the whole program, Eliza was still hoping that her parents will come but again, she failed. From the start of the program until the end of their celebration dinner, she can't see her parents, even their shadows.

..........

Vote and Comment for Next.