Chapter V

"I'm sorry mr Arañeta but her platelets moved down easily. We are trying to find a blood for her in the blood bank but matagalan ito because she is AB-, and your wife isn't eligible to donate one." the doctor explained.

"No, this can't be happening. I will triple the money to pay just make my chari live. I can't afford to loose her" Irene sobs, kneeling on the floor. She is 26 weeks pregnant with her second child.

A large noise of ventilation was then heard coming from Charlotte's room. They rushed and went there. Irene and Greggy could see their daughter being revived by the doctors. "Time of death, 6:40 pm" the doctor covered Charlotte in a white cloth.

"Hon, I'm home" Irene was startled by Greggy's voice. She's now back in her senses. "Hey, you are crying again, Charlotte wouldn't like that mahal" He took a seat beside his wife.

"How can i be happy greg kung araw araw makikita ko si Eliza. Everytime na nakikita ko sya i can remember how i lost my little charlotte" She said, wiping her tears. She lost her greatest love, charlotte, which kills her every day.

A telephone call suddenly rang, greggy stood up and answered it. "Hello, greg. Next week is mom and dad's anniversary, she wants everyone to go to singapore so please clear your schedule next week. Nakabili na din ako ng ticket natin, sa friday ang flight" It was Imee from the other line.

"Will the kids join us manang?" Greggy asked. "Yes, they are coming. They need to come" Imee answered, directly. She knew the couples, especially her sisters doesn't want to see Eliza.

"Okay manang, I'll tell Irene. Thank you" Greggy then hanged up the call. He motioned to Irene who's looking at him.

"Who was it, Greg?" She asked her husband. "Ah t'was manang. Mommy wanted to have out of country sa anniversary nila next week." He told her. Irene looked at him, he knew that she will asked if Eliza will be going. "She is going, hon" he sigh and hold Irene's hand.

"Hindi ko na alam ang maramdaman ko greggy. Nagluluksa pa ako sa pagkawala ni Charlotte and i supposed to hate Eliza but i just can't nasasaktan ako everytime she tells her pain" she sobbed, leaning her head to his husband's shoulder.

"Hush hon, you two also need each other. Hindi nyo lang alam how to reconcile" He cupped her wife's angelic face. "Don't cry na my love, we will together win Eliza's heart, hmkkay?" he told her, she just nodded.

Normal errands have just been done for the following days. The Marquezes, Chhoas and Arañetas are also busy occupying their remaining days here in the Philippines. Irene also sometimes tries to go with greggy in the office to keep herself busy and to San Juan to leave a cookie to Eliza, her favorite.

"Are you going to somewhere ba hon?" Greggy asked, he saw her wife busy doing her makeup in her vanity. "Yes, I'll be visiting Eliza in San Juan, i haven't sneak on her yesterday e" she replied, putting her earring on.

Greggy, chuckled. It has been days since his wife keeps on going to san Juan to sneak on Eliza and check on her. She always sometimes bombard her with messages and stolens of their daughter. " do you want ba love, I'll tell her to go home na" Greggy suggested.

Irene shook her head, "No, ayaw kong-"

"Yes, i know, i know. It was just a suggestion love. I'll wait for you" Greggy interfered. She smiled, "thank you, love. Ok I'll get going na" she kissed her husband and left.

Irene drove off going to San Juan, she was all by herself. She didn't ask their driver to drive for her, she wanted to go by herself. The moment she arrived at the gates, she immediately went inside along with the cookies. As usual, perfect arrival of her, and no one is in the sala.

"Manang, si Eliza po?" Irene asked their maid as she puts the box of cookies on the table.

"Maaga po umalis maam, magtatake ho ata ng exam" the maid answered. Irene looked at in disbelief, "she'll transfer to college?" she asked herself.

"Ah sige po. I'll go to mommy muna" Irene went to the upper floor to visit Imelda in her room. "Mommy" she greeted as she opens the door. She saw her mother, watching television sitting in her bed.

"Irene, anak. You are here! Sayang hindi mo naabutan ang ako po, she left she'll be taking an exam." Imelda stood up to hug her daughter. Irene hugged her back.

'Yes mommy, manang told me maaga daw sya umalis for an exam. How is she ma?" Irene asked. Imelda looked at her daughter in eyes, "She is good anak, except every night, i can sometimes hear her crying in her room".

Irene bowed down, playing her fingers. "I am the worst mother mommy. I let myself drown in pain without noticing i messed my daughter's life. Now i am longing for her love" she sobbed.

"Let this be a lesson learned for you anak. We have been waiting this moment for you to realize your shortcomings to your daughter" Imelda cupped her face, wiping her tears. "I hope, im not yet too late, mommy." she whispered.

Imelda kissed her daughter's hand, "You are not yet too late, anak."

Irene stayed at san Juan until the evening, she got slept out of tiredness. Imelda took off her shoes and just let her sleep in her room. "Your daughter is already here, anak. I hope magkaayos na kayo. Ferdinand, please help me to reconcile your daughter and our grandchild" she whispered before going out of the room to meet Eliza downstairs.

. . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.