Chapter XXXII

A week later,

Eliza and Jeanna were napping at each other on the floors of their lobby. They have a very toxic schedule this week, in fact, they have been staying in the hospital for 3 days already.

" nurse Je, nurse el, gising kayo need namin assist sa er" a young nurse woke them up by tapping their faces.

The two woke up immediately but with their very tired self. "Kulang na lang magpapa code gray na takaga ako dito. Ang toxic ng week na to e wala namang kumakain ng pansit" jeanna said rubbing her eyes.

" doc sino ba to, nak?" Eliza asked the nurse as she helped Jeanna to stand up.

"Doc Anna po ata ay yung doctor na kamukha nya po?" The nurse uncertainly answered, pointing her lips at Jeanna.

Jeanna looked at her, " pinanganak ka bang hindi sigurado sa buhay mo?". The nurse just scratched her head, shes just new in the hospital.

" hali na nga kayo, magbangayan na lang kayo papuntang er para multitask na din yan sa inyo" Eliza told them and walks first. They are walking as fast as they could.

"Yung nasa ER po kasi miss is mayroon ina na nasa tiyan ng bata ngdudugo" she explained.

The two looked at each other confusedly. " ha? Ina tas anak" Jeanna calculated she then realized what she is about to refer to.

"Ginagago mo ba kami ha? pano napasok ang ina sa tyan ng bata. Dati ata tong shunga" Jeanna ranted.

"Ay sorry sorry mali po pala explanation ko i mean po. Yung ina dinudugo tapos may bata. Miscarriage threat po sya" she tried her best to explain to the two.

"Teka sino ba nag request samin, hindi naman kami assigned sa er ngahon ha at bak-" Eliza was cut off when she saw her family outside the emergency room.

"Si mdme Marquez ba yan? Bessy lola mo ata" Jeanna asked trying to focus her eyes on a woman wearing a filipiniana sitting with a tall boy. " ay opo, ate kapatid po ng ating Pangulo ang nasa loob ng er. Yung may gwapong asawa po" the young nurse said to them chasing the two.

" oh shit this couldn't be. What the hell" Eliza ran fastly and entered harshly to the emergency room. She knew. Linaktaran nya lang ang kanyang pamilya na nasa labas. The Marquezes, chhoas and greggy haven't also recognized Eliza for she has already changed since the last time they saw her. She became more petite, with short hair with bangs, already.

The moment eliza opened the door, she saw Irene resting in the hospital bed. There was a lot of blood in her legs. She's still being cleaned by the nurses " n-no no noo this can't be" she uttered, trying to hold back her tears.

" lay, finally nkita kana. Your mom almost just had a miscarriage threat" Dr. Reyes hugged and caressed Eliza whos already shaking in tears.

"W-why? h-ha? Atee ang mo-mommy ko an-ang kapa-tid ko" she hugged Dr. Reyes back and sobbed uncontrollably.

"Well, according to your father she was nahilo daw so he assisted you mom to their room and kumuha lang sya ng tubig and when he get back wala na ito and nakita nya na lang ang mommy mo sa kwarto mo, walang malay at may dugo na" Dr. Reyes explained as she cupped elizas eyes.

"How are she and my sister, how are they?" She cooed and sneak at her mom. " the baby is fine elay. She is a strong girl like you" dr Reyes replied and held Eliza's hands. " come nearer to your mom. Kanina she whispered something."

Eliza looked at dr. Reyes. " what did she said, ate?" She's curious.

" she said sorry ate for harming your sister again. You know elay that hurts me. Ive never expected your mom to be this down when alam natin na pinagtabuyan ka nya" she carresed eliza's back.

Now, Eliza is guilty. She is guilty of being sensitive and leaving her mom while pregnant. " i should just have extended my patience to her. I'm sorry baby if ate failed you" she made dispense both to her mom and to her sibling in her thoughts.

"Excuse me muna, i'll go tell your family that she is okay now. You stay here ha. You already know what to do" Dr. Reyes tapped Eliza's shoulder and excuse herself.

" hala Marquez pala yang si nurse eli ate nakakaloka magpapa picture ako nyan mamaya. Sisikat na ako nito" the young nurse keeps on talking trying to meddle jeanna whos busy gathering irene's report

Jeanna stopped and looked at her. " teka, gusto mo ba mawalan ng trabaho? Itikom mo yang bibig mo Kung ayaw mong maging bahay ang 10ft underground" Jeanna raised her brows and looked at her sideways, she was scaring the young nurse.

" ah ahm s-so-sorry po" the young nurse replied and bowed her head.

Eliza is beside irene. She is holding her hands, looking down when she heard a groan. "Hmm" irene groaned and slowly opened her eyes, and roamed around.

Agad namang pinakawalan ni Eliza ang kamay ni irene at tumayo. " please dont move with force po muna. You are still under monitoring." Eliza said to Irene. She is avoiding to look at her mother

Irene locked her gaze on her daughter, she can't contain her feelings knowing she was the one irene saw when she woke up. " e-eli, a-an-anak" irene is trying to hold Eliza's hands but Eliza made backward foot to tell her that she doesn't want. " this is nurse marg po. How are you feeling po?" Eliza introduced herself and plainly asked as she opened her notebook.

"H-how's my b-baby? Y-your sister?" Irene asked worriedly looking at Eliza while she is holding her bump.

" t-the baby is fine maam. Uhm sh-she is a survivor. Later po After you eat, we will gave you a pampakapit sa bata. It is kind of Malaki but try your best to lunukin po iyon, this is just for you and your baby's good." Eliza explained. Still looking at her notebook. She is pretending that she's writing when in fact she is just doing lines and circles.

"H-how are you?" Irene asked but received no response from her daughter. Eliza looked at Irene's dextrose when the door swung open and it revealed the Marquezes Chhoa's and Greggy.

She just smiled at them before leaving the room. Everyone was left by her smile. They cant move even a single thing after that natural smile of Eliza.

"T-that was my eli diba?" Imelda asked looking at the door. Everyone nodded. They can't contain their happiness knowing they have seen her, again.

"She's back here again as a nurse and not as a Marquez Arañeta.i- i just lost her" irene mumbled, lowly. Nanghihina pa ito pero mas lalo itong nanghina sa mga turing ng anak nya sa kanya.

. . . . . . . . . .

epal po talaga ang nakaraang chapter. wala na along maisip e hahaha

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.