Chapter XXVIII

A day after, Irene felt okay now and will be having the discharge slip later. She felt that everyone in the family is very cold to each other. Her siblings hasn't even visited her nor their youngest have called her.

"Love?" Irene called Greggy's attention. He is doing his report.

"Yep, you need something love?" Greggy replied but his eyes are still on the screen. "Hmp, wala naman I'm so bored in here na kasi and everyone isn't making me dalaw na nakakatampo. " she pouted.

Greggy looked at her and smiled, "and Kyot mo naman. Baka hindi ako makakapagpigil ha" Greggy teased her biting his lips.

"Magpigil ka ng limang buwan. Baka maanak ko to ng maaga ang anak mo" she said chuckling. Greggy just laughed and went back to his work. She then remembered what happened yesterday. " did she left?" she said in her mind. She roamed around her eyes and she saw Eliza's stethoscope. "Oh she didn't pala." her question was answered by a single thing owned by her.

Irene is staring at Eliza's stethoscope, thinking blankly. "What the hell did you do, Irene. Nakuha mo na sya ulit pero sinaktan mo na naman. Ngayon kailangan mo na ulit syang suyuin. Back to basic kana naman." She scolded herself in her mind.

"You are staring at her stetho, huh" Greggy interrupted her. Irene nodded, "yes, i wonder how she looks like wearing sa doctoral coat, she must be exquisitely beautiful." Irene smiled at nowhere.

"Sadly, we can no longer see her in that dress. Pero atleast we were able to see her in her scrubs" Greggy cooed, he's nearly tearing up. He bowed his head for his wife won't notice.

"D-Did she left?" Irene asked him. Greggy looked at her and smiled faintly. He nodded, "Yes, she wanted to live in peace, Irene" Greggy's eyes are roaming everywhere in the corner he doesn't want to be seen crying.

"We've hurt her too much, Irene, and the best way to ease the pain we cost is to free her from our chain" he uttered brokenly. He can no longer contain his pain. This time he burst out crying. He just lost her daughter. The daughter whom he has been taking care of for years, the daughter who always clings to him, and the daughter that made him teach on both becoming a father and a mother.

"I- I am sorry greg. I- i didnt mean to i i mean" Irene cried, holding her lips. "Takot ako. Takot ako na baka siya na naman ang dahilan baka mawalan tayo ng anak. Takot ako na baka pagant-"

"That bullshit fear of your Rene is the reason why i lost my dear marga. Siya ang nagturo sakin Irene pano maging isang responsableng ama. Rene, sa sobrang pagmamahal ng anak mo sayo handa syang isuko ang lahat para sayo pero ano ang sinusukli mo? Diba sakit lang. Sakit lang. " Greggy has finally realeses out his pain.

Irene on the other hand remained crying silently as she listens to Greggy's rant. "Alam mo, panahon na siguro na sirain ko ang lahat ng mga buhay na alala natin sakanya. We need to move on, as she is too kahit masakit at labag sa kaloobon ko" He said, covering his face and let's out a deep sigh.

"Sinusukuan mo na ba sy-"

"Hindi ko sya sinusukuan, Irene. Kahit kailan hindi ko susukuan ang anak ko o kahit ikaw. Hinding hindi dahil mahal ko kayo. Gusto ko lang na matahimik ang anak natin at maging masaya na sa buhay nya" He explained and went out.

Irene cried at what he uttered. Her words hurts the people around her, especially her loved ones. She spits words against to her daughter without even thinking about the consequences. She deeply regret it.

"Please disappear" her words keeps on roaming on her mind. Inis na inis na sya sa sarili nya. "Ang bobo mo Irene. Bakit mo iyon ginawa. Bakit ka naglagay ng kapahamakan sa sarili mo. paano kana,ang anak mo, paano na ang pamilya mo kung ganito mo tinuturing ang nagiisang buhay mong anak" Irene scolded herself. She's screaming and cried endlessly. She's all alone in the room kaya walang makakapagpigil sakanya.

After just minutes of crying and messing around, Dr, Reyes went into her room. Johanna saw a very messy patient's room, she then went to Irene and hugged her, "Tita, i am here. You can always count on me" she consoled Irene.

"Nasaktan ko sya, Jo. nasaktan ko na naman sya" She cried on Dr. Reyes' arms.

Johanna embraces her back, "Tita, Eliza went out of the country not just because of what happened, but she wanted to go in her way. Can we just respect that po? She will be back when time heals and besides if you wanted to talk with here, i am always here. We do catch up everyday" Dr. Reyes told her, smiling.

"Ngayon. You need to calm down para makauwi kana. Mr. araneta are already getting the discharge slip and I'll get your dextrose ha. Elay told me you are iyakin daw sa detrose tita kaya wag mo akong sapakin ha" Dr. Reyes joked, she just keeps on telling funny stories to Irene while removing the dextrose so Irene won't notice the pain. "Okay all done na and congratulations for another baby girl," Johanna said, giving out the copy of the ultrasound.

"Thanks jo" Irene smiled at her.

"It is my job tita, no worries." she replied but Irene shook her head. "No, thank you for being an ate to my daughter. Thank you for giving her the love na kailanman hindi ko napadama sakanya" Irene is very much grateful for having Johanna and her sister on staying with Eliza

Hours later Irene is now discharged at the Hospital. She and greggy doesn't have any good conversations with each other since their confrontation.

"I called eliza kanina. She said nakalapag na dw siya bago lang" Greggy informed his wife. Medyo paos ang boses nito. "Alam kong hindi mo tinatanong kasi wala ka namang pake sa anak natin pero I'm just informing you as her mother, kahit papaano galing pa din sya sayo" He coldly added and assisted Irene in going upstairs.

Irene stopped, "you have her number, can i ask for it?" she asked.

Greggy rose his brows, he was disturbed by his wife's words. " sa tingin mo kakausapin ka pa nya after what you said to her?" he tsk. He's trying to make his wife feel the feeling of Eliza. He understands that she is pregnant but that is not valid for her to hurt their daughter again. "Greg, please. I am begging you. One week. One week greggy kapag hindi ko maiayos to, hiwalayan mo ako" Irene firmly said that made Greggy shocked.

"Are you out of your mind Irene?" he asked her unbelievably. he strongly disagrees with her plan. "You heard me right mr Arañeta. Isang linggong palugit at kapag hindi ko ito naiayos, I will file and annulment" Irene firmly said.

"Kung gusto mong ayusin ang pamilyang to, ayusin mo muna ang sarili mo. oh here is my phone you can delete, copy or anything you want to do with Eliza's number nasaiyo na yan Irene. Malaki kana at alam mo na ang ginagawa mo sa buhay and don't ever tell me about that annulment, mahal kita tandaan mo yan" Greggy uttered handing out his phone to his wife.

Irene accepts it and walks slowly going upstairs, to their room. Irene read all the messages of Greggy to Eliza, and it was all painful. Her husband's pain made her heart speared a million times, "i am sorry for hurting you this bad, love. I didn't think of my actions. I am sorry if i fail to be the light of this family" she cried. Irene walks on going to their bed. Napapagod na ito, sa lahat ng mga nangyayari, sa buhay.

Greggy followed his wife for dinner. "Rene, let's eat downstairs na" he said knocking on the door. He waited for a couple of seconds but received no response.

He opened the door only to find out, that Irene is sleeping on Eliza's scrubs. He then took it away from her, slowly. Agad namang nagising si Irene. "Love the scrubs aren't washed yet. Huwag mong hawakan galing yan sa hospital" greggy reminded her. She gave it by her own will, she's still sleepy.

" do you want to eat ba or mamaya na lang? Dinner is served na, love" Greggy informed her. She just smiled faintly. " no, im full greg. Milk will do" she shook her head and rest again.

Greggy smiled at his wife's beauty. she is ethereal. He can't be mad at his wife. As greggy walks downstairs, he received a message from Eliza.

"Time for her medicines, sir."

He smiled. He doesn't know what thing her daughter ate but he is just happy that she keeps on reminding him about her mother. "Like your mom, marupok ka din pala talaga anak" he chuckled looking at the phone and walks going to the island to make milk for Irene.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.