Chapter XXIV

"Bessywaps, ano na? Galaw galaw naman jan oh" Jea has already keeps on pestering her friend. She's trying to help her ate Johanna in convincing Eliza to go home, to the Philippines.

Eliza sigh in defeat, "okay okayyy uuwi tayo. Perrooo after na ng internship. Gora na ba yun? Masaya kana" she plainly said rolling her eyes. She isn't yet ready to face her mother although she's sometimes aware of what is happening in the Philippines. After she left off to Cambridge she had been the Cold hearted person.

Jea giggled after hearing those words," i know you lay wag akoo. Ano gusto mo?" she knew her bestfriend. She won't do any decisions without in exchange.

Eliza smirked, opening her laptop. "You knew me very well ha. Well i'll just go home lang naman until she gives birth. I wont let the child be a sacrificial lamb for the sake of me noh. I know how it feels to be the second choice"

"Gago ka ba elay? Hindi kaya madaling manganak tapos may post partrum pa yun want mo bang itegi sarili mong nanay? Siguro pwede paman maayos diba i can always help you" Jea throws pillow to her friend. She didn't knew her anymore.

Eliza looked at her blankly and looked at her laptop again, "pagod na ako, jang. Pagod na ako maging second choice and the left behind daughter. I have been a martyr for all my life and ayoko na nun.i just wanted to get out of this toxic life.yung tipong maalala na lang nila akong nakilala nila sa past nila" She stated, looking at the window.

Jea didn't knew her friend's pain. Her mouth dropped on her statement. " ay i- i didn't knew that elay, im so sorry. Well always remember that the pamilyang reyes are always here for you. You can always comes home with us. Mom and dad loves and treat you like you are their real daughter naman din e"

"Ay pero pwede ka pa namang umatras lay kung ayaw mo talaga. Pwede naman na ako lang ang umuwi muna ng pilipinas" Jea consoled her. As a bestfriend, it is her duty and role to be with each other side by side.

"Siraulo ka ba? Kanina lang kinukulit mo akong umuwi tapos ngayon naman ayaw mo na din ako pauwiin. May deperensya ka ata sa utak, marith para kang loko" Eliza throwed her a pillow.

Jeanna laughed at her. "Eh kasi i never heard you being this open. Parang naguiguilty tuloy akong pauwiin ka sa pilipinas" she pouted her lips and went beside her friend. "Aysus wag ako jan. oo na ako na magluluto pero ikaw ang maghugas ha" eliza told jeanna that made her giggle.

"Para kang bata. Ikaw mag book ng flight ha. Papunta at pauwi dito sa england" eliza instructed her, and rolled her eyes. she gave out their iPad.

Jeanna looked at her," bes, pwede bang papunta muna at huwag yung pauwi? Pambihira ka naman di pa nga tayo nakatapak sa pilipinas at want mo nang umuwi" she scratches her hear.

"Oo nga noh, may point din" eliza stopped what she is doing and think about it. "Sige sige na nga papunta lang pero maglaan ka ng money pauwi ha baka ma trap tayo dun sa pilipinas" eliza said, as she closed her laptop. She will now be cooking for their dinner.

"What if hindi na ako makauwi dito ulit? What if . . ." she is overthinking. Her main reason why she wanted to go home is to take care of the baby inside Irene's womb, no more no less.

Dinner came and the two is about to start their food when Dr. Reyes called them up. "Diba sabi ko sayo mangunguit na naman si ate. Ikaw kaya sumagot kay ate Jo, kundi itatapon ko yan sa kanal" Jeanna said, putting some foods on her plate.

Eliza rolled her eyes and went to get the iPad to answer the call. "Hello ate jo, how's life?" Eliza greeted her. She put the iPad to the table for them to be seen.

"Oh, i think I'm ina wrong timing. You girls are eating pala" Dr. Reyes on the other line, is still in her office doing some paper works.

"No, it's okay lang ate, no prob-"

"Anong no problem. Sus. woy Dr. Johanna Gabriela Reyes, dinidistorbo mo kami sa pagkain namin noh" Jeanna cutted her off. She is chewing her food.

"marith, don't talk when your mouth is full. Ang baboy mo" Dr. reyes scolded her sister. Jeanna just made a face to Dr. Reyes.

"Tuso ka talaga. Bukas di kana magigising sa luto ko pag ginaganyan mo si ate jo" eliza whispered and pinched slightly her best friend's waist.

"Ah ate, why'd you call pala? You have chismis to brung up?" Eliza asked. She wanted to ask about her mother but she is shy to ask about it. She is just hoping that Dr. reyes will tell it to her.

"Well everything is good naman especially that the dear Nurse Jeanna Marith Reyes is in her internship in England. It feels great but sad at the same time kasi next week tapos na ang internship nyo" Dr. Reyes started their conversation

Eliza chuckled, "ate ako naman dito it feels like im in hell everyday. Di pa marunong magluto, pambihira." pagsumbong nya. Jeanna was just staring at the both of them, sternly. "Talaga lang ha. Hoy ms johanna, you must say thank you of me kasi kung hindi dahil sakin hindi yan uuwi sa biyernes si Elizabeth" she stuck her tounge out.

Both Eliza and Johanna was shock on what Jea had said. Eliza didn't knew that her friend booked a flight on friday, that is the day after tomorrow. Johanna, also, can't believe it. Although she keeps on pangungulit of eliza to go home, she never imagined that she would really go back to philippines.

"Wait, what? You are coming back to Philippines, elay? Omg your mom must be really so happy about it" Johanna screamed out of happiness, she is beyond happy." i should tell this to tita Irene. Teka i text k-"

Johanna was about to get her phone when the two of them shouted on the other line.

"Atee wagg!" the two shouted at once. "Ate sinasabi ko sayo itikom mo yang bibig mo. masisira ang buhay mo" Eliza said. She wanted to go home without anyone's information.

"Huh? Why elay? look oh when your mom knows you have a plan in going home, she will be happy, the baby will be happy" Johanna explained, trying to convince both Eliza and Jeanna

"Ate look oh we have a plan na. Huwag ka nang makisawsaw kung ayaw mo mabawian ng buhay also the marquezes boys knows about it noh." Jea smirked that made eliza's eyes widened.

"Ha? A-alam nila kuya? Gago ka ba jang?" Eliza tsk but Jea just gave her a teasing smiled look.

The three had called it a day, and they ended the call by telling their plan with the help of Dr. Reyes.

"What if pag uwi ko she will again took me for granted. What if mahal nya lang ako kasi wala na ako satabi nya?" Eliza asked herself. She is already in her bed when a thought interrupted her.

" aish, bahala na. Sanay na naman akong masaktan. Kahit ilang beses man yun iparanas sakin, atleast i did my role as a daughter" she remarked and closed her eyes.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.