Chapter XXXVII

Irene is already in her final month. The doctor said that anytime soon she'll pop out. Greggy, on the other hand, was on a 2 weeks business trip in Singapore, even if he doesn't want to go because he needs to take care of her wife, Irene told her to go for the future of their company is on the trip.

Eliza is sleeping soundly beside her mother when she felt that Irene keeps on moving, "ma, are you okay? You keep on moving" She said, her eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry ate for waking you up but I can't find any fit position for me to sleep e, ang hirap at masakit ang likod ko" Irene still keeps on changing position, Irene has all the pillows, except for the one pillow that Eliza has.

Eliza took her pillow and put it on Irene's back, "oh comfy enough mommy?" She asked smiling at Irene, scratching her eyes. She've been sleepless since her dad is away, sometimes her mom will wake her up for there's something pain in her lower abdomen so she needs to massage her mom's back to at least let her calm down and get back to sleep.

"Yes, Thank you, ate. But how'll you get in sleep na nyan, nasakin na ang lahat ng unan, sorry anak" Irene pouted. Eliza chuckled, "sus sadgirl ka tonight mommy ha, don't be, hmp? i'll be okay. bawi ka na lang sakin when this baby inside will make labas na" She kissed Irene's tummy. "Go get sleep na anak, you still have work in the hospital tomorrow" She kissed her daughter and tapped her arms so Eliza will pillow her arms.

Eliza fastly got into sleep, but Irene is still wide awake, she was still uncomfortable with her position, She slowly got her arms out of Eliza's head "Anak huwag mo munang pahirapan ang ate mo, she needs to sleep" She whispered touching her tummy while looking at Eliza, peacefully sleeping. Even in her uncomfortable position, she still tried closed her eyes and finally, went to sleep.

Irene woke up again, she looked at the clock first and it was 5:30 already, "maaga pa, i can make bawi to this angel pa siguro" She kissed Eliza on her temple and gets up to bed.

She was about to get up, when she felt the pain below, "a-aray!" she whimper silently, touching her tummy while gripping the comforter. She bowed her head, closing her eyes trying to make no sound so her daughter might not be woken up, she's enduring the pain. "Aray, ansakit!" She's nearly crying already.

Eliza felt that her mom isn't beside her so she extends her arms and opened her eyes. She was startled to see her mom, gripping the comforter, secretly sobbing, "ma, mommy, tell me everything I am here" She asked and hugging her mother. "Ate.. it hurts, ang sakit" Irene cried, stroking her bump.

"Mommy kaya mo bang tumayo? Let's go to the hospital na, baka dilated kana. Did your water broke na ba?" Eliza calmly asked, even if she's trembling inside she can't let her panic overcome her, her mother needs her strength.

"Hi-hindi pa but it hurts so much anak" She sobbed. Eliza held her hands and tried to stand her up but it seems like her mother can't, "ma, i think it's already time, i can't afford staying you here sa bahay until your water broke. I'll call the hs right now to ask for an assistance, hmkay?" Eliza explained, kissing Irene's cheeks and calling Irene's doctor right away.

The pain faded, while Eliza is still talking on the Phone, Irene felt relieved. "Anak huwag masyadong magmamadali, I know you too are excited" Irene whispered, stroking her tummy.

"Mommy, do feel any pain pa ba?" Eliza asked, She's now done calling the Doctor. Irene shook her head, "No, im fine na, love. Go get some rest na ulit. I'll cooked a breakfast for you and your baon for work" Irene smiled, to assure her daughter that she really is fine.

"Mommy are you sure ba? Baka you're faking your smile, tsaka i wont go to work today knowing your situation right now" She looked at her mother worriedly. Irene chuckled, Eliza looked at her in disbelief, "ha? Anong nakakatawa ma?"

"You are so cute, anak." Irene pinched her Cheeks. Eliza groaned, "aray sakit nun ha. Sige come with me na lang. I asked nana Sonya kasi to prepare everything downstairs. Let's lakad lakad around the house muna mommy, exercise" She held Irene's hands.

The two went out of the room, walking slowly to each corner of the house, when Eliza felt that her mom seems tired, she brought her to the garden.

"I am so blessed to have you, anak" Irene said as Eliza assisted her mom in sitting down. She looked at her mom, and smiling at her, "ha? You mean i am beyond grateful to have parents like you and dad. You know if Hindi dahil sa inyo hindi ako magiging nurse ngayon, i won't be living my dream" Eliza kneeled to level Irene.

A wave of tears, started to stream on Irene's cheeks making Eliza panic again, "mommy may masakit ba sayo ulit? Tell me mommy please, maloloko na ako dito kakaoverthink" Eliza pleaded her mom.

Irene just smiled, "no, wala. Walang masakit. It's just after what happend, after all my shortcomings sayo as a mother, lahat ng panghuhusga ko sayo anak, you still stayed with me. I don't know what have i done to deserve the most selfless daughter" She hugged Eliza, she's just so lucky to have a daughter beside her, a daughter like Eliza.

Eliza felt overwhelmed after hearing those words, she too loved her mother so much and what happened in the past, she had already forgotten about it, "Mommy, ano ba yan, nagpapaiyak. Dapat kasi masaya lang tayo, beacuse any day from now, I'll officially be called an ate na" She wiped Irene's tears and smiled.

The mother and daughter bond with each other in the garden, Irene is just sitting looking at the butterflies everywhere and Elizabeth keeps on glancing at her mother, She's worried and nervous. "Ano ba to nakaka kaba, ka ilang beses ko na naman tong naranasan sa hospital pero bakit dito ako kinakabahan, omg be proffessional Margarethe" She scolded herself.

Eliza is busy reading an ebook on her iPad on the grass when she heard Irene groan. She immediately went up, "Mommy, I'll call manong na" She panicked. seeing her mom na namimilipit sa sakit parang lilipad na ang kaluluwa ni Eliza. Irene can't even help herself from standing up. Tears keep on strolling in her cheeks, it hurts like hell.

On their way to the Hospital, Irene's water broke. She is already in extreme pain, waves of contractions instantly hit her, and sometimes she just can't help herself but scream. "Mommy, I am here okay" Eliza encourages her mother. Irene just nodded, gripping her fist while her other hand is in her lower abdomen, namimilipit pa rin ito sa sakit. Eliza saw it so she held her mother's hands, "hold tight on me mommy, malapit na tayo" Eliza said, wiping Irene's sweat.

"Ate... malapit na ba tayo ang sakit na. Di ko na ata to kaya" She sobbed, leaning her head on her daughter's shoulders. "Malapit na tayo mommy" She said carresing her mother

The moment they arrived at the hospital, the nurses immediately assisted Irene. The OB approached Eliza for a report. "Have you called your family na ba nurse eliza?" Dr. Reyes asked her.

"Oh shit" she covered her face out of being absent-minded when she realizes that she hadn't called anyone from their family, especially her dad.

. . . . . . . . . .
Few more chapters before this story will be ending :》
. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.