Chapter XXII

Months passed, and Irene does already have weird pregnancy cravings and morning sickness but Greggy handled her smoothly and easily. The Marquezes often visited her in Forbes to ease her pain and longingness to her daughter, she often cries since Eliza left. the couple has also known that Eliza didn't contact the whole family nor answer their chats. They thought that she might uninstall her media already and changed her phone.

"Irene, ito oh i found it sa room ni Eli last week when we had gen clean. She was supposed to give that to you on mother's day pala" Imee handed out a music box, it was Irene and Eliza hugging each other and the song is slipping through my fingers. She followed Irene in Eliza's room

Irene started to cry upon hearing and looking at the box. "Hey, manang is here for you, always, ading" Imee sat beside her.

"I miss her manang. Pinagsisihan ko na ang lahat. Ang bobo ko na late kona narealize lahat ng sakit na dinulot ko sakanya" irene cried uncontrollably hugging her sister. Her bowel suddenly hurts. "A-aray" she groaned, she held her stomach.

"ba-bakit , irene may masakit ba?" Imee asked worriedly, She just nodded. Irene can't say any words for everytime she moves, she feels the pain.

"A-ang sa-saki-sakit ahh" she said under her breath, she's already crying as she pinched Imee's hands.

"Teka I'll call Greggy, just wait for me, rene" Imee rushedly went out and call for the boys downstairs.

The moment Greggy heard Imee's shout, he ran upstairs and immediately carries his wife in a wedding bride carry. He saw her crying in Eliza's bed. Namimilipit ito sa sakit.

"Greg slowly but surely ha, sobrang sakit daw" Imee reminded him. She then saw a spot on Irene's back dress that made her panic, more.

When they arrive at Makati Med, the nurses went to assist them immediately and brought Irene to the Emergency room. Everyone already went home except for Imee and Greggy who's waiting for the doctor.

"Manang pano kung mawala ulit yung baby namin? Manang baka hindi na kayanin ng asawa ko" Greggy said, sobbing.

Imee comforted him, "greggy hanggat may buhay, maypag asa kaya magtiwala ka. Irene and the baby will survive. Huwag kang negative" She joked that made greggy smiled.

"Manang thank you for staying with us, with her. Kahit na ang laki na ng atraso namin kay eliza" He is truly grateful to have an inlaws like them, despite of their parental mistakes, they didn't let them do this and face their problems on their own.

"Greggy ano ka ba kahit ano pa ang nagawa nyong mali at kahit ano pa yan, we cant deny the fact na kapatid ko si Irene, mahal ka nya at mahal namin sya. Hindi namin hahayaang tatahakin nyo na lang iyon ng kayo kayo lang" She heartens him. The doctor then went out from the ER.

"Doc how is my wife and our baby?" Greggy asked.

Th doctor smiled, that made them sigh in relief. "Both your wife and the baby is fine, sir. Your wife is very stressed which cause her spottings buti at nadala nyo agad sa hospital. I suggest to avoid her from the stress and something that makes her sad, natutunugan yan ng bata sa sinapupunan nya. Here, is the medicines that she will be taking inside this week and bed rest for 2 weeks sya ha, literally bed rest." The doctor explained emphasizing every word that made the two exchange glances with each other. They knew the answer to Irene's troubled pregnancy.

"I have also called her OB and she will be visiting her. You can go home now, she's already awake waiting for you, two." The doctor then excuses himself.

The two directly went to where Irene is, they saw her sitting, looking blankly at the hospital's white wall. "Hey, what keeps you thinking that deeply?" Greggy interrupted his wife. Irene looked at him, she's still pale, "I almost lost our child, love. I'm sorry for being the worst mother to your children. I already lost two of them and i can't afford to lose this one" She sobbed as she hold her little bump.

Imee felt guilt and pity for her sister. She is guilty of all the negative and harsh words she throws to her and pity for now, she longs for Eliza's love and care while carrying the baby that she almost lost. "Rene, you are not a bad mother. I can even remember Eli telling me when she was 8 that you are the best mother in the whole world" She hugged her sister, encouraging her at her down. she knew she needed it.

"Thank you, manang" she tightly hugged her back. Greggy just looked at Imee smiling. "I'll leave the both of you here na. I still have a meeting in the senate. " She kissed Irene's forehead and her bump before leaving.

"It's just you and me, now. I am so proud of you and the baby love. Thank you for surviving" He kissed her as if it's the last. Irene smiled, " i will, we will survive, love. This baby inside of me needs to see her ate" she stroke her bump.

After hour of staying at the hospital, Irene was being wheelchaired going to the car, as Greggy requested. It may be kind of overreacting for others but he can't afford to lose another child, again. When they arrived at the house, Irene requested that she wants to spend her bedrest at Eliza's room. Although Greggy doesn't want it, he still give his yes and nodded.

"I wish magkikita tayo ate bago ako manganak" Irene whispered before closing her eyes.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.