Chapter VI

Eliza is reading an RNotes, at the sala as she waits for the result of the examination, her scores will depend on what grade will she be jumping to college. She will be studying out of the country and has a plan to stay there for Good. "I will be soon, fulfilling your wish, mommy" she whispered.

Imelda who just got out of the room saw her busy doing her apo's work downstairs. She decided to give her some snacks, so she went to the kitchen to tell them to prepare cookies and milk for her apo. She also told the maids not to tell to Eliza that her mother is there, the maids nodded and quickly do her request of Imelda.

"My apo is very busy ha. What are you reading ba?" Imelda took a seat behind her. She looked at her Lola, smiling "Lola I am studying and preparing oh" she took off her eyeglasses and gave her a kiss.

"Nga pala lola bukas na ang flight nyo going to SG, I should prepare your things na" Eliza said and took a seat beside her grandmother.

Imelda looked at her, "You aren't coming? But your mama imee already booked a ticket for you, apo". Imelda pleased her, "sayang naman yung ticket pero mas sayang kung masira ko yung enjoyment nila dun" She said in her mind.

"Ah eh lola, i ah ano po kasi. An ano po. I can't kasi i need to go to school to process, yes po yun po" Eliza lied but She ain't good at it. Imelda releases a laugh "you are not good at lying, aren't you apo?" Eliza just scratched her head.

"Eh lola between me and your daughter, i know you will choose her. I dont want na masira ang plano nyo sa singapore just beacuse of me, ang pangit naman nun" she tries to make an excuses. "So you are telling your lola to choose between you and your mommy?" Imelda raised her brows.

Eliza shocked her head, "no, no i mean lola, she should be there kasi anak nyo sya tsaka. Ano. ah lola just allow me please to stay her" She begged, trying to convince her Grandmother.

"No. walang maiiwan dito. Sasama tayong lahat, I miss you so much, all of your cousins and my children kaya nga i choose out of the country para masosolo ko kayo" Imelda firmly said and stood up. Eliza was left in the sala, and her grandmother is huff from her request, "ayan suyo well ka tuloy eliza, goodluck" she reprimanded herself.

Night came, and Imee is already home. She went to her mother's room to tell her that it was dinner already but she saw Irene and her mother sleeping soundly, they are hugging each other.

"You are always and forever be the baby of marquezes Irene, we love you" She smiled and kissed her sister's cheeks, she also did the same to Imelda. She woke the two up and tell them that it is dinner already. "Manang is she in her room?" Irene asked, wearing her shoes.

Imee shook her head, "nope, she is downstairs. Nilulunod ang sarili sa pagaaral. Di nga nya ako napansin pumasok ng bahay" she replied, smiling at her sister.

Irene felt nervous, she don't know what to say and how will her daughter reacts if she saw her in their house. "Huwag kang kabahan, hindi nangangain ang apo ko" Imelda chuckled as she hold Irene's hands. They are walking towards the dining.

"Ime, you prepare the clothes of Eliza this night. Im sure she didn't prepared anything for tomorrow, she even doesn't want to go" Imelda summoned her eldest. Agad namang tumingin si Imee sakanila sa likod, nakausap nya si Eliza kahapon at sabi nya sasama sya. "Mommy she told me kahapon sasama daw sya. Baka binibiro ka lang nun"

"I doubt so, ime. She is very serious in pleading me that she wanted to stay here but i didn't allow her" Imelda responded. They have now arrived at the dining.

As they expected, Eliza was shocked to see her mother in san juan but she just pretended that she didn't see her. "Good evening mama,papa, lola!" joyous greeting of Eliza as she gives them a beso.

"You forgot to greet someone anak" Imee whispered at her niece. Eliza looked at her sternly, she knew who her mama is referring to. Imee smiled, "go and greet her, she is waiting. . ."

Eliza bit her lips as she approach Irene's chair, "good evening po. Nice to see you here and join us for dinner". Irene smiled. She didn't expect that her daughter would greet her, "good evening anak. Come here tak a seat beside mommy" She tapped a vacant seat beside her.

Eliza gazed at Imee, she wants Imee to help her but her Mama just smiled at her. "You go seat beside your mom" she mouthed. Eliza lets out a sigh and has no choice but to sit beside her mother.

The dinner was good, the five had fun talking and sharing laughs with each other. Irene keeps on looking at her daughter's contagious laugh, she hasn't seen that smile and laughs of her since. After dinner, Irene already bids farewell to them, she needs to go home to prepare their things for tomorrow. "Good bye anak. I'll see you in the morning my Margarethe" Irene remarks as she farewell to her daughter.

. . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.