Chapter XXI

"Congratulations, Mr Arañeta! After 20 years nasundan nyo na si Eliza. This baby must truly be an answered prayer lalo na sa panganay nyo. I've heard from my sister, she wanted to have a sibling" Dr.Reyes congratulated him after testing Irene's whole body.

Greggy didn't know that their love sessions made a fruit."Sh-she is pregnant? We are, again? Teka samin ba talaga yan doc, o baka namali ka lang sa asawa ko" He's still in shock. Everything hasn't yet been processed for him.

"Yes, she is pregnant Mr. Arañeta in fact She is 7 weeks pregnant. In her case, I suggest that you should be very hands-on with her lalo na ang layo ng agwat between this and your eldest. First trimester nya ngayon kaya kung maari and dapat lang iwasan ang stress at ang pagbuhat ng mga mabibigat na bagay. Isusunod ng secretary ko sainyo ang medicines na dapat inumin nya" the Doctor bids farewell to him. She is still sleeping. He looks at every detail of her face, "I love, you" He mumbled.

Irene woke up slowly looking around, She remembers that she passed out at the airport so she thought that she might be in the Hospital. Her gaze then locked on her husband holding her hands smiling widely at her, "gregorio, anong nakakatawa? Iniwan na nga tayo ng anak mo ang laki pa ng ngiti mo" She rolled her eyes, quarreled him.

She then realizes what happened, Eliza left the country to accept a 5-year contract outside the country and she isn't sure if she might see her daughter. She started to sob, "where is eliza, gregg? Where is our daughter i need her"

"Hush hon, please stop crying. It isn't good for you and for our baby" He hugged her, and helped Irene to her seat. Her eyes are very puffy.

Irene looked at her husband, confused. "And the baby?" She held her tummy, "i-i am pregnant?" Greggy just nodded and kissed her wife, "Yes, love. We fulfilled her dreams. Eliza is now an ate" He cupped her face and kissed her passionately when Irene suddenly stopped him, Her head hurts so much, parang mabibiak na ito.

"Hey, are you okay? Aren't you happy?" He asked her worriedly. Irene's tears just flow like a river in her cheeks. "Ang sakit ng ulo ko greg" She touched her head, sobbing.

Greggy panicked after hearing those words from Irene. He immediately called the doctor and let Irene lie down again. They checked her again.

"Her head hurts because of the lack of sleep sir, low din po ang immune ng asawa mo and we need to boost that lalo na ngayon. I will give you the discharge slip later and pwede na kayong makauwi just make sure na makatulog, at makakain sya sa tamang oras. Also, the most important stay her away from stress" The doctor explained.

Greggy nodded, "thank you doc". He simply replied.

As soon as the discharge slip was released, Greggy and Irene went home to Forbes. They have also called everyone for the news, except for Eliza and they are so happy to hear that they will have another baby from Irene.

"For your first trimester, let's stay here muna. Mahirap na at baka mapagod ka kaka taas baba dito" He opened the guest room. They will be staying here until Irene will be stable enough.

Irene chuckled, " you are so overreacting love. Buntis lang ako hindi palyado". Greggy scratch his nape, he knew he won't win in this argument, "yes, yes, i know. But i am just doing this for baby bunso and you" He looked at her eye-to-eye.

She smiled. "You go sleep muna, hon. I'll prepare for dinner. Ano ba gusto mo?" He asked assisting her in bed. "I want adobo love and then put a lots of onion in it. Also ice cream sana the cookies and cream one" She demanded. He just nodded and closed the door.

Irene is busy playing an offline game on Greggy's phone when a notification suddenly popped out, It's a recorded voice message from Eliza, "Hey dad. Mama imee told me na i should tell you where i am right now but im not yet ready pa, i'm sorry and uhm, i just wanted to say lang na i landed here safely, and it feels great and uh this is weird Kasi i know you guys won't missed me but when you do just look at the sunset, it is beautiful. I do love you as my parents even if you hated me. See you when our roads cross again" after hearing those words, Irene burst out her remaining tears as she keeps on replaying the message.

She slowly stood up and let her feet lead her upstairs and went to Eliza's room, gladly it is open. She roamed her eyes around and saw all her achievements, she sobbed again as she remember how cruel was she and late to realize that she was her daughter's inspiration but she treated her daughter as the biggest problem in her life.

"I miss you already anak. Please come home, I need you" She whispered and rest her body in Eliza's bed.

Greggy on the other hand just done doing his Wife's request. "Kindly put it in the dining na manang. Then after that mauna na ho kayong kumain" He instructed Nana Sonya.

" Alam ko masakit ang nangyari sa inyo kay elay, greggy pero kailangan ka ng asawa mo. nasasaktan sya. Nandun sya sa kwarto ng anak mo ngayon, nagpapahinga" She told him, excusing herself to prepare the couple's dinner.

When greggy entered the room, he saw his wife peacefully sleeping, holding Eliza's PE tshirt, medyo madumi ito. He slowly get the tshirt but Irene suddenly wokesup, "I'm sorry nagising kita, love. Kukunin ko lang sana ang damit ni Ate, madumi kasi at baka makakasama to sayo, hindi to nilabhan" trying to get the shirt but irene hold it tightly. " eto na lang ang natitira kong alala sakanya greggy, huwag mo sana itong kunin sakin " She sobbed hugging the shirt. Greggy felt sorry for her wife, she love and missed their daughter but she can't say it directly to her.

"I know love, I know. I'm sure she misses you too. Okay I'll try contacting her tonight and tell her about her sibling. Do you want that?" he asked. She just looked at him blankly. "Come, let's eat muna and after that we'll call her".

The couple went downstairs and ate their dinner. Naninibago sila, there are no voice and giggles from her around the house.As promised, after the dinner, Greggy tried contacting Eliza but it is always canceled so he just left her a message, "please call me when you are ready, Anak. Your mom needs you". He sigh in dismayed, he looked at Irene watching an old video of them during Eliza's 6th birthday.

"Let's go to sleep na hon. It's late na oh and bawal kang magpuyat" He told her. Irene just nodded and straightly went to Eliza's room. "I'll wait for you at Eli's room, love"

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.