Chapter XIV

"Eli, anak. Can i ask you for a mother and daighter date?"

---

Eliza, stopped eating and looked at her mom blankly from her question, she don't know if she will accept or reject it.

Eliza first looked at ger mama Imee and everyone else that surrounds her. She looked back again to her mother and smiled, " ye-yes I would like to spend my last day here with you po" she smiled lightly.

Irene got froze on her answer for a minute. "Hoy irene. Oo daw sabi ng anak mo. Na statwa ka naman jan" bong chuckled, teasing his sister.

" ah o ah yah nga. Ay i mean uhm i guess after lunch we will go malling, you guys give me your request, kami na lang bibili" Irene uttered. she is now back on her picture

Everyone laughed at Irene's reaction. She was struggling to put up her words after the yes of her daughter. "Irene ikalma mo baka mausog sa sobrang excited mo" Imee chuckled and took a seat beside her sister and whispered at her.

Irene smiled widely looking at Imee, she cant keep her happiness, daig pa nito ang nanalo sa lotto "manang kinakabahan ako na ang saya na hindi ko alam."

" aysus ano ka ba that's the first step lang ading ko. Huwag kang mag alala. She is soft as ice cream just take care of her ha. just don't let her trust and love break again, hmp?" Imee tapped her sister's back and went to her designated seat.

Everyone was having their lunch full of touches of laughter and stories. The main teasing point of the family is Irene. They keep on teasing her about her reactions. Nakikisabay naman si Eliza sa trip ng lahat. Irene on the other isn't irritated by their teases. She is just beyond happy about what will happen later.

"Tara na, anak" Irene smiled as Eliza approached her in the lobby. It is just them who will be going and the chauffeur.

"Sige, na po let's go na marami oa namang lista ang mga kowyas" Eliza replied, scrolling in her 5 pages notes containing the Marcoses cousins request.

Irene's eyes widened upon seeing those pages, " this dami? Mamumulubi na ata ako nito" Irene scratches her head.

Eliza chuckled, " dont worry po i have all their credits pati kay dad nasakin". Irene sigh in relief. Tumawa naman ng mahina si eliza, "ilocana talaga" she said in her mind.

The two are now walking going to the parking lot, Irene held her daughter's hands as they cross the road, Eliza felt it and look at it, " ah marunong po ako tumawid ng daan. Di na po ako bata hehehehe" she smiled lightly.

" ay sorry, nadala lang. Your dad always do that anak e" Irene was about to let go of her daughter's hands but Eliza held it tightly. " hindi ko po sinabing bumitaw po kayo. Kalma lang po, hindi po ako nangangagat. dugo't katawan ko po ay galing sayo". Irene smiled widely after she utter those words.

When the two arrived at the car, it is already good to go so they just got in the car and the chauffeur run it.

"Ano pala yang song music type mo ngayon?" Irene started their conversation. They are sitting with each other on the driver's back.

" ah this po? Tahanan i dunno if new ba to or ano but this is nice" Eliza put one of her earphones to Irene's. As Eliza put it on her mother's ears, everything turned into slow-mo for Irene.

Irene slowly looks at her daughter, from her jaw to her eyes, she's indeed exquisite. "Beautiful and elegant as always," she thought.

Eliza felt that her mom looked at her, which makes her weird and conscious, " ay may mali po ba sa make up ko?" She immediately opened her bag and get her compact to see if there is wrong with her face. "pulbo at liptint lang naman ginawa ko po ah" she said closing the compact powder.

" ah no, noo wala anak. It's just.. ah you are so beautiful. I am just mesmerizing your beauty and indeed totoo ang sabi ni manang you are ethereal" Irene said, putting down the compact of Eliza and putting it back in her bag.

Eliza bit her lips, she felt awkward, this is the first time her mom mesmerize her beauty.....

" nakakasukal ang mukha mo eliza. Umalis ka nga sa paningin ko"

"Gregorio, ilayo mo sakin yang anak mo.mapapalayas ko yan ang sakit sa mata ng pagmumukha nya"

" anak, are you okay?". eliza was back in her senses when she heard her mom's voice. She smiled and play the music. " let us play the music na lang po. I'll loop it" she plainly said and seat back formally.

"Ano yun, si Eneri ba talaga tong nasa tabi ko o nagkasakit to, pambihira sana pala hindi na lang ako na lang tinanggap ang alok nya mag malling" Eliza thought without even realizing that Irene is staring at her, painting her features in her mothers mind.

" Maam, we are about to arrive at the mall." The chauffeur informed them. They then prepared their things and are ready to go out of the car.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.