Chapter IV

In a shady dark room, Eliza is hugging her knees beside her bed, "Sana ako na lang ang panganay, sana ako na lang ang namatay para kahit papaano, kahit wala na ako, mahal pa din ako ng mommy" She just let herself soaked in her own tears. She cried all her pain after spitting words in front of her parents. After 17 years, she has finally able to express her pain to her parents.

"Eliza" A soft knocked on the door, caught her attention. She took a deep breath before answering, "Nana Sonya tapos na po ako kumain"

"Eliza, this is mommy, can you open the door for me, honey?" Irene spoke leaning her head on her door. Eliza walked on the door rest her back behind of it, "Please pahingain mo muna po ako. Bukas mo na lang po ako pagalitan, pagod ho ako" Eliza Responded, letting herself down on the fall, she later falls asleep lying on it.

The next day, Eliza woke up and found herself sleeping on the floor, "a-aray ang sakit ng ulo ko shemas" she cursed and reach her phone to dial someone.

"Mama, please help me. My head hurts like hell" She groans in deep pain. Imee found astounded hearing her niece's sobs, "Will be there in any minute, Eliza. Stay baby, drink water okay" She instructed her and hang up the phone. Imee get her car keys, and bag and rushedly went to Forbes.

When Imee arrived, she saw Eliza drinking water, inasikaso ito ni Nana Sonya. "Nana si Irene?" She asked, Sonya Shook her head, "Hindi ko alam, anak. Baka wala na sa buhay kasi wala na ang sasakyan nila sa garahe" Nana answered.

Imee sighs, She's disappointed. "Baby, what are you feeling? Do you want to go to Hospital? We'll outpatient you" Imee caressed Eliza's. "I don't know mama, just let this pain away from myhead, ang sakit sakit." She sobbed hugging Imee's waist.

"Ime, dalhin mo na sya sa ospital, kanina pa ako nagalala sa batang to" Nana Sonya, instructed her. "Sige Nana, paki prepare na lang ng gamit nya, please" Imee told her. Sonya tucked Eliza's hair behind her ear, "Babalik si nana, saglit muna" She tapped Imee's shoulder to sign She'll get going. Imee nodded.

Without losing any time, nana Sonya instructed the maids to pack important things for Eliza including the papers that might need in the Hospital. "Sige ilabas nyo na yan, ilagay nyo diretso sa sasakyan ng senadora" Sonya intructed them.

Irene who just gotten out of her room, saw the maids bringing big bags from Eliza's room, "bakit may bags? Ano na naman kaya ang kaartehan na ginawa nito" she thought. She saw nana Sonya, walking, following the maids, so she asked her, "Nana, bat nyo dinadala ang mga gamit ni Elizabeth, where's she going ba?" She asked curiously.

"Ah dadalhin ni Ime ang anak mo sa ospital, kanina pa umiiyak. Ang sakit daw ng ulo nya" Sonya explained as she made her way downstairs. Irene was stunned to hear about it, her daughter might be sick and prefers to call her sister than her. She decided to go down to check on her daughter's situation. She, then saw Eliza resting her head on Imee's shoulder.

"Manang, how is she?" Irene asked, tapping on her daughter's forehead, "mainit init sya" she whispered.

"She's not good, irene. Dadalhin ko sya sa hospital ngayon to check on her. Nakatulog nga ito kakaiyak kanina sa sobrang sakit. " Imee explained. Irene felt a pang of guilt in her. Even if she hated her, she can't help herself but to care for her child, after all her blood and flesh came from her.

"Ah ako na lang ang magdadala sa kanya manang, tatawagan ko si Greggy" Irene volunteered and was about to dial Greggy on phone, when a voice of Eliza interrupted her, "I want to go with mama po, she can bring me naman to check on me" She said, holding Imee's hand.

"No, no Eliza, please allow us to fill our shortcoming for the past years" Irene persuaded her daughter. Eliza stared at her blankly, "pwede po naman pero huwag na po kayong aasa na pagkatapos ng nangyari kagabi, makikilala at kikilalanin ko pa kayo" She bowed her head.

"Eliza. . ." Ime whispered to her.

Irene is now out of patience, "alam mo, elizabeth naiinis na ako sayo. Look oh I am trying, we are trying. Even if i am so sick of looking at you. Now kung ayaw mo, and you kept on making excuses and palusot on my favor, bahala ka sa buhay mo" Irene shouted angrily.

"Irene!" Imee gazed her sister, sternly. Hindi nya gusto ang pag aasta nya sa anak nya.

"What manang? Papangaralanan mo na naman ako? For heaven's sake, anak ko yan. Gagawin ako ang lahat ng gusto ko, labag man sa kalooban nya o hindi" Irene superiority said.

"Jan ka lang naman talaga magaling mommy noh? Parusahan ako. Well kung yan lang naman ang gusto mo, , , , sana linaglag mo lang ako noon, wala ka pang sakit sa ulo ngayon, edi sana buhay pa si ate charlotte" Eliza faced her mom, kahit na masakit ang ulo nya she still managed to exit the door.

"I've given you chances na Irene. Pero kung hindi mo babaguhin ang ugali mo towards your daughter, then sorry not sorry ilalayo ko sya sayo" Imee firmly said and followed her niece.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and comment