Chapter XXVI

"How is she mama?" Eliza asked Imee as she gave her aunt a hug. They are outside of Irene's room

"She is a bit okay for now, eli. Kanina nanghihina sya sobra. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang mangyayari sa bata sa sinapupunan nya knowing it will be a risktaking" Imee explained, she's in tears.

Eliza bit her lips, "is she awake? Can I see her mama?" She asked. Imee smiled lightly and nodded, "yes, pinagising sya to eat lugaw. You come in na anak. I'll go meet your kuya borgy muna" She told her niece and kissed her forehead before leaving her.

Eliza lets out a deep breath first before knocking on the door, " da-daddy" she slowly said, as she walked toward Greggy whose assisting Irene to eat. Irene is very pale, her eyes are closed. Eliza looked around her mother, there are so many cables being put in her.

Greggy looked at her for a minute. "eliza, anak? Anak you've come home" he rushed and went to his daughter to give her a tight hug. " we missed you so much anak. Thank you for coming home" he Kissed his daughter on her cheeks and hugged her again.

Irene heard it but her eyes don't have any energy to open, "eliza, baby ko." Irene uttered in her weak voice. She slowly moved her hand to reach for her daughter, she thinks she is besides her bed.

Eliza went to hold her hands, she kissed the back of it and Irene's forehead, "please always took care of yourself. This baby in you still needs to be born after 4 months" she chuckled as she kissed her mother's bump.

Irene smiled weakly, she slowly opened her eyes to look at her daughter. "can i hug you po?" despite her weakness, she is eager to feel her daughter's embrace.

Eliza looked at Greggy, he nodded. "Ye-yes, po. You can" she simple replied as they helped her to sit down to hugged Eliza. " I missed you so much, please don't leave mommy by that situation anak, nahihirapan ako" Irene burst out crying the moment she felt her daughter's arms, hindi nya ito kabisado pero sa amoy nito, alam nyang si eliza ang kanyang nakayakap.

Eliza felt a sting in her heart. what her mom uttered hurts in her. "Please don't cry po nakakasama po yan sayo, baka maging malala ang astma mo po, you're not yet fully recovered. Ah, do you want me to sleep beside you po, just rest and I'll take care of you until you go out to the Hospital" Eliza politely offered.

Irene nodded and tapped a little space beside her. Eliza first gave her stethoscope to her Dad and assisted Irene in lying down.

Eliza made Irene calm easily and smoothly.Greggy excused for a while, He needs to go home to bring clothes and other needs in the Hospital.

When Irene fells into a deep slumber, Eliza decided to go to the nurse's station to look for Irene's progress. She has also texted Dr. Reyes that she is in Makati Med right now taking care of her mom. "Miss, uhm I am eliza po, daughter po ako sa patient naka confined in room 456. May i borrow her chart to track on her sana." Eliza is in the nurse station right now. Gladly, the nurses recognized her so they allowed Eliza to look at Irene's record.

"Her oxygen dropped so much, this is a serious matter between her and the baby. Naku malaking problema ito" She said in her mind, pouting. "Sige po, thank you. Pwede po bang Paki bantayan po yung patient dun sa room 456. I'll go to Dr. Johanna lang" She asked a favor of the designated room nurse for Irene. The nurse nodded and went into the room

Eliza talked with Johanna for half an hour when a nurse interrupted her. "Excuse me po doc but Ms. Eliza you need to go back in the room. Your mommy is crying po, looking for you". Eliza scratched her head at what the nurse uttered. "Sige po nurse, thank you."