Chapter XVIII

Irene managed to call help from her emergency calls. She called the number twice and it answered. "Love, please help me. Parang nilalagnat ako, nanghihina ako"

. . . .

At 10 am, Eliza is busy doing her scribbles in her studio when suddenly someone unexpected person called her. She didn't answer at first but it called, again. "Ano ba, umagang umaga namimikon na naman anoh" She irritatedly said. She put up her phone and answered the call.

"Love, please help me. Parang nilalagnat ako, nanghihina ako" said from the other line. It is Irene. Yes, Eliza is in her emergency calls, and she's at the top of the list.

Eliza was shocked at what her Mother uttered, her tone immediately changed into a concerned one, "hello, this is Elizabeth. Where are you?" she asked but no one responded. Her heart started to pound fastly. So, she decided to end the call, grab her car keys, and bag and rushed to Forbes.

Eliza is unsure if her mom is in the Forbes but she just listened to her heart and let her hands drive off where it will be going.

After minutes of driving, Eliza arrived at Forbes. She quickly opened the door and ran upstairs.

"Eliza saan ka paroroon? Ayaw ng mommy mo magpa disturbo." Nana Sonya greeted at her when they meet at the stairs.

"Nana si ano po, uhm si mommy?" she asked charing her breathe. She have been running since the gates of their house to the stairs. "Nasa kuwarto ng mga magulang mo, nak. Kagabi pa yun hindi bumababa nag alala na din ako pero bilin nya huwag mag pa istorbo" Nana Sonya explained, she didn't knew that greggy didn't come home.

"teka, may lakad ba kayo ng mommy mo? Gisingin ko lang" She added. Since Eliza left Forbes months ago, she never had physical communication with her mom which made Sonya surprised to see her here.

"Nana, please dalan nyo po ako ng maligamgam na tubig, and a bimpo. Tapos where is the susi of their room pala?" Eliza asked. Sonya is still confused about what's happening but she just followed what Eliza requested and give her the keys to the house.

Eliza first knocked on the door twice but still received no response. "Ah, I'll open the door po ha" She let Irene know and opened the door. She saw Irene, sleeping on their couch,rolling on herself. Her phone is on the floor.

Her nerves quickly led her to her mother. She tapped her mom's neck, " and init mo. san kaba kasi nagsisiksik at nilalagnat ka" Eliza mummbled, pretending that Irene geard her.

She puts her bag down on the table first, then turned their A/C into 25 degrees. A knocked then heard by her, it is one of their maids. "Maam, eto na po yung sinuyo mo. tinanong din po ni manang sonya kung dito po kayo manananghalian" the Maid respectfully asked her.

Eliza nodded, She thanked the maid, and as the maid exited the room.

"ah pano ba to,, aish m-mo-mommy. Wake up po. Let's go to the bed para hindi ka mahihirapan" She slowly tapped Irene's cheeks to wake her up. "I- ican't, greg. Hindi ko kaya" Irene replied, lowly. Her eyes are still closed. Nanginginig naman ito sa lamig.

"Mukha ba akong si daddy o kaboses nya, pambihira naman oh" Eliza thought, she rolled her eyes. "Si Eliza po ito, and I can't carry you all alone. Gather yourself po I'll assist you, don't worry" She said slowly and Help Irene to her seat.

Out of weakness and Irene can feel pain all over her body. Hindi nya napansin na si eliza ang umalalay sakanya. Irene slowly walked, with the assistance of Eliza going to their bed. She then, put bimpos in her Mother's head and puts some neutral water to ease the heats in her body. "Teka, bat ba to nilalagnat. Tsaka nahihirapan ka lumakad ha, i smell something malansang omg. kadiri kayo" a thought suddenly thought in her mind while wiping her Mother's arms. "Shudi ka eliza, utak mo ang dumi. Eraasee eraasee eraser" She reprimanded herself and continued what she is doing.

It's now 11 am, Irene's fever hasn't gotten down yet, and she started to get worried. " pag ito hindi pa bababa ng 4 pm dadalhin ko na talaga ang buong mansion sa med" She whispered, looking at her mom sleeping, covered with a double-thick comforter.

Eliza decided to wake her mom up, for lunch and to drink her medicines but she was in deep slumber so she just decided when will Irene moved. " i hate you. . ." Irene mumbled, her eyes are still closed. Eliza gazed at her, "ah ano po, kakain na po tayo. Wake up na po" She hold her Mother's hand.

"I hate you so much. . . . i lost my beloved charlotte because of you eliza. i wished ikaw na lang ang namatay" Irene groaned, she is still trembling from cold. Eliza's jaw dropped from her mother's words, she's been speechless of what she had heard. Nanghihina sya sa kanyang narining habang ang mga luha'y unti unting bumubuo sa kanyang mata. "She still hated me for the mistakes i didn't done, well congratulations eliza. This is now your sign to accept the offer" She whispered, looking at her mother.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.