Chapter XXIII

Eliza is doing good in her nursing internship in Cambridge, no one in her family exactly knows where she is. She has put aside all her gadgets from the Philippines to avoid calls and hindrance from her intern.

"Hoy eli, may kapatid ka pala" Jea took a seat infront of her. They are already in their last month of internship. Yes, Eliza lied. She doesn't have a 5-year contract in the states to study but in fact, she is staying in Cambridge for an internship and has just been accepted to become a nurse in Cambridge..

"Ha? Oo may kapatid ako, si ate charlotte. Bakit ano bang maalala ala mo kaya ang gusto mo naman" She answered coldly, reading and highlighting the book.

"Gaga Hindi! I called ate jo kanina lang and she told me that your mommy is pregnant, maselan nga pagbubuntis nya. Minsan weekly dinadala sa hospital. Lay, hinahanap ka ng mommy mo. madalas ikaw and hinahanap" Eliza closed her book and look at her best friend, she raised her brows. she is speechless. She hated her mom but she can't let her suffer.

"So? Anong gagawin ko? hinahanap nya na lang naman ako pag wala na ako tapos pag nagkita nya na ako, ayun echapwera na naman" Eliza answered. she isn't born and raised to be cold person but her mother pushed her to be one.

"Eto na lang, call your mommy, tell her na to take care and i love you mommy" Jea suggested, mimicking the voice of Eliza. She rolled her eyes, "gaga ang cringe nyan, tanga kaba. kung want mo ikaw na lang magsabi nyan sakanya"

Jea laugh hysterically "what? I am dead serious here lay. Ate called kasi hindi nya kaya ng konsensya nya ang mga nangyayari, the other day dinala sya sa hospital kasi nagspotting and the other week dinala din sya kasi sobrang sumakit daw and tiyan ni Ms. Irene. lay, makinig ka, hindi matibay ang pagkapit ng bata and one wrong actions can result to the death of the fetus." Jeanna is trying to convince her bestfriend. although she doesnt know the whole story but she knows that Eliza loves and longed for her mom.

"Now, if ayaw mong tumawag kay Ms. irene then ako na" Jeeanna added and directly gets her phone and dialed Irene through whatsapp. "Oh ayan ringing na bestea, i loudspeaker ko ha makichismis na din ako" Irene answered it immediately but the two didnt notice for they are busy arguing with each other.

"Gaga ka jang bat mo ginagawa yan, sapakin talaga kita. Iiwan talaga kita dito sa dinner. Bahala ka" Eliza was about to throw the marker to jea when Irene spoke from the other line that made the two stopped.

"Hello, jea, why did you call dear? Did something happen?"

"Shuta jea sagutin mo yan sasapakin talaga kita" Eliza whispered to avoid hearing her voice. The two suddenly heard a chuckle from Irene, "i know magkasama kayo. I heard you two are arguing"

"Ay hehe tita hello po. Ah may sasabihin lang sana si dragona ay este si Eliza po" Eliza's eyes widened. She don't know what to tell but her mouth suddenly spoke, "ah hello po. Kumusta po kayo i heard from people there na you are pregnant with your child po pala. Congratulations po and ah uhm ano pa ba-" Eliza already ran out of words, she looked at Jea, who's already tearing.

"I miss you my Margarethe, i will wait for you to come home even at my expense" Irene suddenly spoke, her voice cracked. Eliza's heart softened, she don't know what to feel, she suddenly tap the end button.

"Oh bat mo pinatay, papatayin kita elay!" Jea stamped her hands on the table when she heard the end button. "Manahimik ka nanggigigil ako sayo Jeanna Marith Reyes" Eliza spoke and went into her room.

"Who was it Irene?" Imee went to Irene. They are having their breakfast when someone called at her phone. "Manang i knew where she is. Manang nakausap ko sya" Irene sobbed in Imee's shoulders