Chapter XXXIV

"I dont need your pretentions maam. Now, let me assist you to go back to your room" eliza plainly said. Jeanna tapped her " bes please tama na baka anong mangyari kay tita at sa kapatid mo" she begged her but eliza isnt listening.

" Eliza, anak please I am so sorry. I I didn't mean those words, i deeply regret throwing those words at you love. Anak please come back to mommy. I beg you" Irene pleased her daughter. She kneeled in front of them which made Jenna's eyes widen.

" bes tama na please patawarin mo na si tita" Jeanna pleaded to her friend again.

" maam, please stand up. Now, kung ayaw mong umalis dito then ako na po ang aalis marami pa akong gagawin, dadagdag ka pa" eliza said and walks out

The moment Eliza walks out. Jeanna stayed and helped Irene to stand up. irene sobbing uncontrollably. " tita i'll assist you to stand up po ha. Just hold my bandang neck po tsaka dont force too much." She instructed her but Irene didn't reply shes just crying and bowing her head.

" tita. Come on na po. Im getting worried na" Jeanna tucked irene's hair to her back. She then saw a white discharge on her. " oh shiit" she cursed as she saw it.

" Elaayy tulonggg elaayy!" Eliza was alarmed by Jeanna's shout she looked back and saw Jeanna assisting Irene's legs in the straight position. She then knew what happened.

She hurriedly ran back in their direction and called for assistance on the radio. " this is nurse marg, we need help here in the hall of the nursery. Our patient Ms. Irene is having another miscarriage attempt".

Eliza slide down and touched Irene's bump. " kapit ka lang" she whispered. " ma'am, tell us how you feel" she uttered.

" do-don't leave me anak please" irene hold tightly Eliza's hand but Eliza removed it. " ma'am tell us what are you feeling," she asked again.

"Tita, please let us know what are you feeling for us to know what to do" Jeanna softly asked. She's assisting Irene with her upper body part. She is already mad at her best friend but she's trying to be professional and calm.

Minutes later, the assistant arrived along with it is Dr. Reyes.

" updates please" Dr. Reyes asked them as the nurses assisted irene in her wheelchair.

" ah sheyytt!" Jeanna cursed out of her frustration as she stomped her feet. Eliza on the other hand remained silent. She can already feel the tension.

" ah we didn't move anything pa po doc. We tried to ask her what did she feel but the patient isn't responding" Eliza answered.

" nang dahil sayo ayaw nyang sumagot" jeanned uttered, looking sternly.

Eliza raised her brows and looked back to her. " wtf jang. Sinisisi mo ako sa ginawa nya? Kasalanan ko bang lumuhod sya?"

" hindi nya kasalanan eliza pero alam mo ang sitwasyon ng mommy mo. Alam mo elay hindi na ikaw ang bestfriend na kilala ko you have turned into a demon!" Jeanna said to her in her eyes.

" will the two of you stop we have a patient situation here? Saka na natin to pagusapan" Dr. Reyes scolded the two that made them stop.

They brought Irene directly to the ER. They have also informed her family about what happened.

After Irene got stabilized, Dr. Reyes went to the two whos sitting in the couch against at each other. " you, two. Ano ba ang nangyari. Eliza, jeanna answer me with all honesty ano ba ang nangyari?"

" eh ate ito kasing si eliza nakakainis. Sinabi kong tama na, inaway nya pa din si ms. Irene ito kasi ang tali talino hindi naman nagiisip kinain na ata to ng kasamaan" fussed her anger towards Eliza.

Eliza rolled her eyes. " you dont know how i feel jeanna. Hindi mo alam ang pinagdadaanan ko!" She tsk and looked at her.

" that nonesense na naman eliza. Alam mo be professional, nakakainis ka na! kung ayaw mo sa nanay mo edi maging nurse ka sa kanya. Ate ayoko na kausapin mo na yan!" Jeanna concluded and walks out of the ER.

Dr Reyes sigh and looked at Eliza whos staring at nowhere. " elay, can i speak to you in my office?" She asked her, softly.

" wag na te, papagalitan mo na naman ako" eliza stood up and was about to walk out but Dr. Reyes stopped her. "I promise hindi ka papagalitan ng ate. I'll just give you a word." She gently said trying to convince Eliza. She then nodded.

" okay you go first at my office. Susunod ako" Dr reyes caressed elizas back.

When Eliza arrived at Dr. Reyes' office. She saw many frames put above in her cabinet. She looked at it one by one and her gaze stopped on a picture of Young Johanna wearing a scrubs with their mother. " oh this must be jeanna on tita's womb" she uttered.

" yes, you are right that is Jeanna right in the womb of mommy. Just like you Elay, we have a very long age gap" Dr Reyes answered. She heard what Eliza uttered.

" you know why jea stayed with you at bakit hindi kita sinukuan?" Dr Reyes asked her cupping her face. " its because i can see myself in you elay" she added. She then held Elizas hands and took a seat at the couch.

" i was a rainbow baby eli. I lost a kuya due to mommy's miscarriage. Then they had me, mom always pressured me Minsan i need to become a man just to have mommy's love. And then when I turned third-grade mom got pregnant again but it didn't survived, it was a ectopic pregnancy. From there mom tripled her pressure on me she raised me as her worker and not a daughter not until lumayas ako when i graduated high school. I was so young back then but ayoko na sa buhay ko with them. Mom always keeps in touch with me saying her sorry but i ignored her hanggang naging nurse ako. May bigla na lang tumawag sakin na nag miscarriage threat daw si mommy kakaiyak at sa stress. Ako ang hinahanap ng hormones nya pero wala ako, dagdag stress yun sakanya" dr reyes storied her life. Eliza listens carefully to it. She can relate.

"Being back to my exhausted home is hard eliza. Mahirap balikan ang taong pilit kang pinagtabuyan at pinagmukhang wala noon. Napunta na din ako sa point na tinanong ko si mommy kung kaya nya ba ako minahal kasi kailangan na nya ako pero i was not satisfied with her answer. Eliza, your mom loves you. Please give her another chance. Give it another try maybe this time, magwowork na to" Dr reyes looked at eliza. She's already tearing up.

" jeanna was your bridge, so you are saying na the baby in mommy's womb might be the way para magsimula kami?" Eliza asked her. Dr reyes nodded. " may rason kung bakit kahit kailang ulit ng nag miscarriage threat ang mommy mo ay patuloy pa rin itong lumalaban. That baby in your mom's womb is a blessing eliza" dr reyes held Eliza's hands. She smiled at her.

" pe-pero ate what if this time, hindi na nila ako tatanggapin wha what if this time aayaw na sila sakin. Jang told me i have turned into a monster. Tinalikuran na nga ako ng bestfriend ko pano pa kaya ang pamilya ko" she bits her lips. she become softens again. atnangungunahan na naman sya ng kanyan takot.

" then ate jo is here. I am here. Pamilyang reyes is always here for you elay.... jeanna is outside. Go to her na, she's waiting for you" Dr. Reyes remarked and smiled at her.

Eliza hugged her tightly " thank you atee please pray na sana destiny allows our fate this time" she concluded and ran outside.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.