Chapter XXVII

"You'll leave, aren't you?" Irene cooed which made Eliza and Imelda looked at each other. "Did she hear all our talks?" Eliza asked herself.

"n-no no no ay i- i mean ah I- i can explain po. Th-that's not it all about po" eliza stood up and went to Irene. she was about to hold Irene's hand but Irene covered it under the comforter

The moment Eliza replied, Irene's tears are now keeps on flowing in her cheeks. "Hindi ako bingi eliza, huwag mo akong gawing tanga. Now, sabihin mo sakin, bakit ka pa umuwi dito? Dahil ba naawa ka sakin o gusto mo ulit akong saktan? Eliza, ayaw ko nang mawalan ng anak. Kaya please kung may iba kang masamang gawin o gusto mong umalis at maglaho. Umalis kana, pinapalaya na kita" Irene shouted, crying. " you are free to leave this room!" she said pointing at the door.

"Rene, anak please calm down hindi maganda yang mga sinasabi mo" Imelda went beside her daughter whose still sobbing. Eliza on the other hand remained silent. She doesn't have any expressions on her face so it is impossible for Imelda to recognize her feelings.

"Why am i feeling this pain? Akala ko ba prepared na ako pero bakit masakit pa din yunh mga salitang binibitawan nya sakin" she's conversing in her mind.

"Please, i beg you umalis ka--" Irene said but suddenly she seems she rans out of oxygen. she's chasing her breath.

"Love are you okay?" Imelda asked worriedly. Irene's lips are slowly getting pale. " mommy i- i can't breath, pl-please my ba-baby" she gripped Imelda's hands as she sobbed.

"Eliza, apo please do something!". Eliza was back in her senses when she heard her Grandmother's scream. She immediately turned the oxygen and put the oximeter on Irene's finger for monitoring. " call ate jo lola po please" Eliza said as she is adjusting the oxygen level. Imelda then followed what her granddaughter had said.

"Wag mo na akong parusahan eli. Please disappear" Irene uttered even in her weakness.

Eliza stopped as she heard it. "A-as you w-wish, I w-will don't worry po but for now as a nurse let me take care of you this hour. " she said trying to not crack her words.

Dr. Reyes then went into the room. "Lay, how is the patient? Have you checked the heartbeat already?" Dr. Reyes asked Eliza. She is checking Irene's oxygen.

"No, not yet pa ate" Eliza replied, biting her lips. " i-i panicked kasi, sorry" she added.

Dr. Reyes tapped Eliza's back. " it's okay lang, ate is here. Come closer check the heartbeat and I'll check the patient's inner." She instructed her as she gives eliza the heart rate. Eliza assisted Dr. Reyes in checking Irene. Imelda was just looking at them as they examine Irene.

Greggy has just arrived, he's sweating. "Ma, what happened to her? Is everything alright?" Greggy asked her mother-in-law. He's chasing his breath.

Imelda gave her a glass of water. " drink this. I don't know also greg. Eliza and dr reyes didnt utter any words pa. Lets just wait muna" she told him.

After minutes of checking. Eliza looked at Greggy and her lola, she smiled at them faintly. She murmured something to Dr. Reyes before they made Irene back on her position and face Greggy and Imelda.

"So far, she is good and as nurse marg and I examine on her, the baby is all okay, healthy. And for her asthma, it isnt curable naman po as we all know and is aware of but let the patient keep away from the stress, pains, and mga alikabok or anything that can trigger her. Mr. Arañeta, Mrs. Marquez. Mrs Arañeta is already half way of her pregnancy but that doesnt mean hindi to maselan sakanya knowing of her age and the span of her last birth. Please extend your patience and always be soft on her" Dr. Reyes explained to them.

Eliza whose at the back of Dr. Reyes is turning her head down. She doesnt want to talk nor face her dad and lola, especially her mom. " now, if you may. Nurse marg and i still need to attend something. Excuse us. " dr reyes said. Eliza then followed her .

" anak, please be back here on dinner. Let's eat together" Greggy told his daughter as she was about to exit the room

Eliza looked back at him, " i am sorry Mr. Arañeta but sharing and eating with the patient and its family is not allowed on our work" she smiled forcely and closed the door.

Greggy was left with a big question mark in his mind when he heard what his daughter had said. Imelda then signalled him to follow her outaide, which he understands, directly.

" ma, can you explain what is happening?" Greggy frankly asked Imelda. They are now in the hallway.

" Irene and Eliza had an arguement kanina, that made Irene triggered her asthma. Greggy, your wife said something na hindi ko na gugustuhan. Nung umalis si eliza hinahanap hanap nya pero ngayon na bumalik na ang bata, pinapaalis nya naman. Hindi laruan ang apo ko para ipagpasa pasa nya lang. Despite of my daughter's cruel treatment to my apo bumalik pa din sya. Talk to your wife and daughter greggy ayusin mo ang pamilya mo bago mahuli ang lahat" Imelda remarked before leaving him.

"Thorn between two roses, oh god ano bang kasalanan ko para haharapin ko ang ganitong problema" he said in his mind looking at his wife whos sleeping. He is outside of the room but he slightly opens the door to look for his wife.

" excuse me po sir, I'll just get the stethoscope of Nurse Margarethe lang po" a junior nurse interrupted Greggy. He looked at her in her eyes which made the nurse tremble in fear. " i-im sorry po. Ba-balik n-na la-lang po ako" the nurse was about to walk out when Greggy called her.

" i -im sorry i didnt mean to scare you. Ako na lang ang magbibigay ng stheto sa anak ko. May i know where is she?" Greggy asked. He wants to settle this by listening to his daughter's side.

" she is in the nursery po until 5 pm" the nurse replied and smiled at Greggy before leaving him.

Greggy went back to the room to get Eliza's stethoscope and went to the nursery. As he opens the sliding door, he can see his daughter looking at the adorable children from the big window.

"They are cute, arent they?" Greggy stood beside her.

Eliza didnt looked at her father. By his voice she is already certain it was him, "yes they are. I wonder how these little angels would bring smiles to their family" she uttered. " if you may excuse me sir but i still need to go may appointment pa po akong pupuntahan". She's trying to rid off her pain by starting to distant herself from her family.

" ate wait, please." Greggy ran after her and held her hands. " I know masakit ang sinasabi ng mommy mo sayo but ate she's just ill, just understand her. Your mom in fact needs you, badly." He made Eliza face him.

Eliza looked at him in his eyes. " dad, look at me" Greggy followed what she uttered. He can see nothing in her eyes but pain. " do you love me?" Eliza asked.

Greggy nodded, " ye-yes we do love u--"

"Then let me leave and live in peace. I beg you" Eliza cutted him off. Agad naman itong bumitiw sa hawak ng ama at tumakbo palabas ng hospital.

"Farewell, Eliza. Margarethe will now take over you" Eliza said to herself. It is now 11 in the evening and She is now at the airport, she will be flying back to England.

"I have already called jeann, take care ha. Call ate kung naka land kana" Johanna said to her as she gives the plane ticket to Eliza.

"Yes ate. Please do remind her to take care of her and their daughter always" Eliza remarked, she then hugged Johanna and made her way to the entrance.

. . . . . . . . . .

bukas ko pa sana to i update pero dahil nasaktan ako sa trailer ng MMM, nagpub na lang din ako dito para sulit na ang pain.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.