Chapter 6

Natasha runs toward the direction of the lake along with Nikita as Olivia made her way at the back of the cabin. Erica, who looked bored, just slowly walked to the North direction away from the cabin and into the middle of the woods while Elora took my hand and led me to the East side of the cabin.

"I know a good place to hide." she said pulling me as I let her.

A few seconds later running we made it to what looks like an old shack.

"Let's go inside."

A creaking sound greeted us as we pushed the wooden door open. Inside is what looks like an old family car. This must be a storage because once we got in I coughed with the amount of dust that I inhaled.

"Will Logan know this place?" I asked as we walked to the back where there was worn out equipment.

"That's the point. He knows."

I flexed a brow looking at her shirt. It is a black shirt just like what I was wearing but it has a print on it. I immediately recognized it because Logan has that same brand of shirt he always wears. He has it in all different colors. We teased him that it is like his uniform.

I shook my head, "Of course you got his shirt. You two really are meant to be."

She winked, "Let's just say that I know the texture of these clothes."

We laughed together as we then began inspecting the old items. There is an old bike in the far bag that is starting to rust, some sort of machine that is covered in a white cloth, a huge toolbox, and a few hunting equipment and things for trapping wild animals.

"Does Logan's family hunt?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"So, Logan knows how to?"

"He knows how to because it's like a rite of passage for 'men' in their family." she said, rolling her eyes, "But he doesn't want to do it. Too cruel. Same as the bear traps. The moment their family gave this property to him he immediately got rid of it."

I nodded as we continued looking at the other interesting items stored here. A few minutes later Elora and I found ourselves seated in an old sofa when I heard the grass rustling outside. I met eyes with her as we started to hide in the back. We stayed there waiting as footsteps became heavier. Elora tried to take a peek to see who it was and I joined her lightly leaning up as we saw a male figure slowly walking towards us. We hid back trying to suppress our laughter as she pointed beside me. There I saw a back door leading to the woods.

We creeped quietly and as we reached the door we tried to open it as silent as possible but because one of the screws that were unhedged it made a loud sound. Elora and I started to panic standing up and forcefully pushing the door this time as we heard a voice calling us. Elora and I giggled as we ran, hearing the shuffling behind us.

"You run this way, I run that way." Elora said as I nodded, running towards the direction where she pointed, sprinting as if my life depended on it.

I kept on running until I had to stop to catch my breathe. I looked behind me and noticed that no one was there. They must've followed Elora instead of me. Well if it was Logan he'd probably follow her. I could imagine him tackling her to the ground and just cuddling there in the grass.

I heave a heavy breath wiping my sweat with my arms. I stayed there for a few minutes holding both of my knees trying to even my breathing when I heard rustling sounds again.

I turned around searching for something to pounce on me in the shadows remembering the traps in the storage room. There might be wild animals nearby if they have a lot of equipment for that. I took my whistle out ready to blow it in case something might happen to me. The rustling continues to get louder as I brace myself when suddenly a rabbit hopped out of the bushes.