Chapter 15

When we got inside Sebastian turn the TV on again as Logan tried to contact the authorities along with our other friends. I joined Nikita who was sitting on the sofa in the living room staring at nowhere deep in thought. Jaden, along with Olivia, decided to go outside and wanted to volunteer for the watch so we just let them, knowing after that encounter earlier it's not surprising that they'd be needing fresh air.

"That's odd." Elora said who was in the kitchen in front of the fridge, "Is it just me or this thing isn't working?"

"What do you mean?" Erica, who is just beside her, asked.

"The lights in the fridge are off."

"Let me see." Erica replied leaning on the door and inserting her hand inside. I walked up to them curious as to what was going on when I heard Sebastian cursing, making me turn around to face where he was in front of the television.

"We lost power!"

"What?" I asked.

"There is no electricity."

"Are you sure?"

"Damn right woman I'm sure."

I kneeled beside him to confirm and I cursed when he was right.

"What's happening?" Logan asked as Erica and Elora joined us in the living room.

"There is no electricity." his girlfriend answered.

"There must be something wrong with the generator downstairs. We have backup solar panels but it's just set for night consumption. Come with me, we'll fix it."

Sebastian nodded dusting his pants, "Okay."

"I'll come with." I replied as they looked at me a bit surprised and I just shrugged, "I don't have anything to do might as well help."

"I'll go too." Elora answered.

"No. It's fine. The three of us is enough. You guys stay here, it isn't safe outside. I'll just ask Olivia and Jaden to join you. I'm sure they finally had a breather."

Elora opened her mouth to complain but when she saw Logan's stern look she just sighed and nodded, "Okay."

"Let's go."

We each took a flashlight before heading downstairs where the generator is. We rounded the house as we passed by a closed deep well.

"You also have water reserves here." I said as I followed the two at the back. I know for sure that they use a deep well like those old farm houses being in the middle of the woods but I didn't know that they'd also be having something like this here. They must be really lenient about their comfort staying here.

Logan nodded, "We stayed here for months before so we needed to stack up. The lake water is drinkable but we can't go there at night. Each year we asked our helpers to maintain this place. I'm sure there are also enough food supplies in the pantry."

"And you asked us to bring food." Sebastian muttered as Logan chuckled.

"I didn't say the food that we have on stack is delicious."

We finally got to the back of the house which is locked. Logan took out the keys from his pocket and removed the chain. When we got in I saw a huge room with different machinery on the right side is another door which I assume is the pantry that Logan was referring to. Next to it are diamond chains dividing where there are a lot of shelves with different supplies like gas, paint, and tools.

"Why did you keep the pantry right beside the generator?"

"This is just for grains, canned foods, and stuff that would last a long time like tissues, towels, toothbrushes. The others are inside the house."