Chapter 26

Elora's POV

I cried as I watched my best friend Myla left with my boyfriend's best bud Aspen. I don't know why but I've been feeling emotional lately. Maybe it's because of the situation that we are in right now. We'll never know which one of us will be the next to fall ill and change just like our friend Theo already did.

"They'll be alright." Logan replied.

I sniff, "I know. I'm just worried."

"All we can do to support them now is to begin this project so that we'd have some progress when they get back."

I nodded, "Okay."

"Get inside and help Nikita with the chores. Vince is already in stand by guarding the back of the house. Erica and Natasha will be with us as we start with the fence. After lunch we'll start with the self-defense training with the others."

"Sure. Be safe out here."

"We will." he kissed my head, making me flush. Even though we have been dating for years now my heart never stops beating fast every time he is around.

Logan walked me with Nikita and Olivia out in the back where we will start our inventory of our supplies to know what we will be needing for this ongoing calamity. Vince was already there waiting in front of the door as Logan went back in front with the others.

"You guys can start in this section and I'll start here." I told Nikita as she nodded walking to the right side of the room with her paper and pen.

A few minutes later I am already slumped to the floor as I count our stocks of toilet paper writing everything down as I move to the next item. I looked at my wrist watch when I noticed that it was already almost lunch time and Nikita, Olivia, and I had to start cooking for the rest of the group.

"Nikita. Olivia." I called them as they both replied with a 'yes', "We should head back inside for lunch. We'll just continue later."

"Sure. I'll just finish counting these." Nikita replied pointing at the stock of different laundry detergents.

I nodded, "Okay."

Moments later Vince, Nikita, Olivia, and I are already walking back to the house. I can see the rest of the group busy with their hammers, nails, and other equipment. Erica and Natasha are there watching the boys as they get busy.

"Will you guys start with the preparations? I'll just go and check on Logan."

"Okay." Nikita said, nodding as Vince and Olivia went to the kitchen as I ran up to Logan and I's room to get some towels and a shirt. When I went down I just got some refreshments and snacks as Vince helped me before making our way downstairs.

I stride towards Logan and as if feeling my presence, we immediately locked eyes. Vince gave the others their share as I walked to my boyfriend.

"Hey." he greeted, his hands instinctively held my waist as I leaned to him giving him a peck and used a towel to wipe the sweat off his face, "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"Have some snacks first before continuing. Lunch we'll be here shortly."

"You're the best."

I rolled my eyes, "I know." as this time he gave me a proper kiss, kissing me softly as I wrapped my arms around his neck, not minding that he was sweaty with all of the work they did. I'm used to it. Logan is an athlete so each time I watched him during practice or after games this is how we greet each other.

When we broke the kiss to catch our breath Logan hugged me nuzzling his face to my neck. I can feel him sniffing me. He always does that, smelling me. He says that I smell just like home. Which is a huge compliment for me knowing that Logan and his troubles with his family. I loved that he is reminded of me as someone that he can go back to at the end of each day.