Chapter 25

We spent a few minutes reviewing the videos for the last few weeks but we didn't see anything strange so we left the security room and moved on to the next office where there are different file cabinets and office tables. Aspen got busy looking at the right side while I was on the left.

We searched for any documents that we can use as a clue about what happened but I am already halfway to my second cabinet but I can't see anything. Different papers and folders are now littered to the floor and I am already slumped down at the carpeted flooring.

"See anything?" I asked Aspen who just like I was already seated but unlike me he decided to sit on the swiveling chair behind the desk. He looks like a businessman. Well he really is. Sometimes I forget that he is older than us and is supposedly working. While we are still technically university students before all of this happened. He looks hot with his head tilted to the side with furrowed brow as he reads, his hand on his forehead.

He looked up when he heard me call and I just swallowed because of his serious expression when our eyes met, "No nothing. But I saw something weird about the deliveries."

"What's wrong?" I asked, standing up and dusting my pants as I made my way to where he was seated. Aspen moved his seat to the side as I leaned down to look at the paper he was holding. I can feel his breath fanning at the side of my face as his familiar scent invaded my nostrils. But I refused to acknowledge it and focused on the problem at hand. "I don't see anything weird."

"Well there isn't actually anything wrong about the deliveries but what's strange is this report. It was a letter from several shops stating that they didn't receive any deliveries despite paying beforehand. In the inventory the number of goods shows that it was delivered and based on this schedule the supposed to be truck that would carry the goods reported that they have finished the job and aren't aware about the accusations about not delivering. The company just sent their delivery despite being late to clear out the issue and just reported that alleged employees conspired to smuggle the goods that were supposed to be delivered."

"So, they fired the delivery crew?"

Aspen shook his head, "It just states here that it is under investigation. No one was even on probation. Which was odd because they should've done something about it. I sense something amiss."

"Do you think one of the executives here conspired with the delivery crew and steal from the company?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"What did they steal anyway?"

"Niacin. Vitamin B3."

"Wait. Aren't those for antifungal treatments?" I asked as Aspen's eyes widened as if it hit him too. They were researching fungus and now there is a document stating here that some of his employees are stealing supplements that weaken said fungus.

We stayed still for a few seconds as everything slowly dawned on us. Someone was in with all of this.

"D-Do you think they knew?" I asked Aspen who was still sitting there quiet as if he was deep in thought. He himself is working in this company and he wasn't even aware about what was happening. "D-Did you think they plan all of this?"

"It could be just a coincidence."

"But it's not."

He nodded, "It's not. It's too hard not to believe. I mean the date..."

Suddenly we fell into silence once more. I bit my lower lip, not sure what I should say to him. I think I already offended him earlier, accusing his employees about them planning this and he wasn't even aware of it as if I was insinuating that he was incompetent. I was about to apologize to him when he beat me to it.