Chapter 12

I blinked a few times stretching as I felt my whole-body sore. I groaned, clutching my hips where I felt the most pain as I saw movement at the corner of my eye. I immediately shield myself remembering what happened to me earlier on instinct but I let out a heavy breath seeing that it was just Elora.

"Myla are you okay?" she asked with concern in her eyes.

I sigh as I feel my eyes water. She looked at me full of pity before sitting down beside me on the bed and carefully embracing me. I cried like I've never cried before. This is the first time that I experienced something like that after so long. The feeling of something bad is going to happen to you. The feeling of almost dying.

I cried and cried until there were no more tears left. Halfway in my breakdown Elora also started crying along with me. When we finally calmed down I rubbed my eyes and tried to tame my hair. Elora did the same to herself and that is only then that I noticed that she was already wearing a makeshift mask and I wasn't.

"What happened?" she asked.

I sniffed, "H-He escaped. T-The man escaped and tried to attack me."

"Did he do something to you?"

I shook my head, "He almost did but I trapped him inside the shack."

Now that I have said it, it is only then that I remember the shadow that approached me and tried to barricade the door before I lost consciousness.

"Aspen! Where is Aspen?"

"Calm down." she cooed, "Aspen is alright. He is with the others taking care of the camp."

When he mentioned camp, I looked around and noticed that we were inside one of the rooms of the house. But I furrowed my brows when I noticed that it wasn't my room. I observed the place trying to find a clue who owns this and that is when my gaze fell on my clothes and my cheeks immediately heated when I noticed that I wasn't wearing my own clothes but a man's. The familiar scent tickled my nostrils and that is when I knew who it belonged to.

Elora must've noticed my reaction as she quickly explained, "It was Aspen who brought you here. He cleaned you up and bandaged you. I trust Aspen, don't worry he promised that he didn't do anything besides that."

I immediately hugged my body feeling a bit uncomfortable, "H-He. H-he..."

There were different scenarios going on in my head right now but one thing was evident and that is anger.

"Where is that man?" I said almost shouting, "Where is he? I demand to see him!"

"Myla calm down. He is only trying to help."

"That wasn't' helping. He didn't get my consent!"

"I understand Myla but we must be careful. This sickness might be contagious. He had to do it."

Now that she had mentioned it I slowly calmed down but it still didn't erase the anger that I felt towards Aspen. He should be the one here right now explaining and not being defended by my best friend.

"Okay... How is everybody?" I'm sure there are other pressing matters that needed to be dealt with besides what I had gone through just like Theo who was almost unconscious last night and Nikita who looks traumatized.

"Jaden and Nathalie are able to stop Theo's bleeding. He is stable for now. We tried contacting 911 earlier now that we have morning light and it's safer but we couldn't get a signal. The boys are talking and they suggested that we should head back and bring Theo ourselves."

"Did they?"

Elora shook her head, "Not yet. They were busy with the camp."

"Why would they prioritize the camp?"