Chapter 32

Aspen was about to carry me again so we'd finally continue our journey when we heard shuffling. Aspen immediately took out his gun before pointing it towards the direction where it came from when my eyes widen seeing one of the sickos charging towards us. He has blood dripping on his mouth and his whole body is rotting. He does not only look like a walking corpse but he also smells like one.

He growled at Aspen about to tackle him when he clicked the trigger as the sound of the shot ringed in the entire forest. The sickos still were moving after the shot so Aspen kept on shooting until finally when he shot him in the head he stopped moving.

My vision clouds as memories kept surging my mind. The sound of a gun, people falling one by one to the ground, and the whiff of metal in the air as I run and run and run until I lost my footing and slam to the ground hitting my head as darkness enveloped my sight.

"Myla let's go. They'd probably heard the shots and come to us." instead of carrying me this time he took my arm and placed it on his shoulder as we jogged as fast as we can with my broken leg. I knew why he did it instead of carrying me. He needs his hands so that he could shoot. He knows I'd be too shaken to pull the trigger.

So that's what Aspen and I did we ran as fast as my broken leg can take until I saw two shadow figures closing towards us. Aspen aimed his gun at them as I squinted my eyes to have a much better view. I can't make up their faces but I know that they're not sickos.

"Aspen, no." I said reaching for his arm, "They're people."

"They're not what I am aiming for." he replied and that is only then that I saw one of the sickos behind them. I can barely see them because of the flashlight they are holding pointing in our direction.

When we finally took care of the sickos we made our way back to the cabin. We had a brief conversation about what happened to the two groups while we're on our way back until we met another one and just ignored it hoping that we won't attract more of them here.

A few moments later I can finally see the cabin. Relief wash over me as I saw our friends at the steps of the house waiting for us. I noticed that there are sleeping bags in the deck as we go up. I then remembered what Logan told us on our way they had an attack earlier. Aspen then helped carry me up so I wouldn't have to limp my way up before settling me to one of the wooden benches.

"Thank god you two are safe." Natasha muttered seeing the two of us.

"What happened to the car?" Erica asked.

"And what happened to you?"

"It crashed." I replied.

"What?" they both looked shocked, "Why?"

Before I can explain Logan gook everyone's attention by clapping, "Okay, group meeting. Call the others inside."

Sebastian whom I just noticed is in the window looking over us nodded before disappearing to call the others. Logan then turned around to face us.

"Do you need anything?"

"Water would be nice." I muttered as he nodded before walking away as Natasha kneeled in front of me to go check on my legs, "Don't worry it's because of the crash. I wasn't bitten."

"I know. It's too deep for a bite. Nice work, Aspen." she said inspecting the wound, "This should heal after a few days. Just try not to walk too much to lessen the pain. We have pain relievers in the first aid kit. Do you want some?"

"Sure. That'll be nice."

"Already have it." Logan said just as Natasha was about to leave. He brought a pill and a bottle of water for me and Aspen.