Chapter 38

"H-How..." I whispered as we walked closer to the door to have a better look and we were right. It was indeed Nikita but only this time she was covered with dirt and her eyes were different. She looks like one of the changers. "She was dead. How can she be affected by the sickness."

"Nikita..." Olivia called as she tried to run towards her best friend but Natasha quickly grabbed her arms.

"Don't, it's dangerous."

"But she's alive!"

"And she's sick." Erica added.

"We should make sure the doors are locked. We can't just let her in." Jaden said.

Logan nodded, "Jaden is right. Everyone, make sure all doors and windows are sealed. After that let's continue with our meeting."

We all agreed as we all checked the doors and windows and once we were done we returned to the living room just as Olivia still stood there in front of the door watching her best friend. Erica is beside her guarding it to make sure she won't be tempted to open it.

"Okay... Let's continue." Logan mumbled as Natasha glared at her.

"No, there is nothing to continue. We still standby what I said."

"Don't be so stubborn Natasha, this is for your own safety."

"My own safety! Let's talk about safety once you find out about how your girlfriend is possibly carrying your child and she'd be better taken care of there in a camp where there are actual doctors!"

Everyone fell into silence just as all eyes moved to Elora who was sitting there with eyes wide. Logan's mouth fell open as he moved his gaze to her as everything stilled.

"Elora..." Natasha said, breaking the silence as she finally realized what she had said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean---"

Elora didn't say anything but she quickly ran up the stairs and I followed her. I felt Logan right behind me but I stopped him by saying, "I'll talk to her first. You stay here to sort everything out."

Logan looked hesitant as he chewed on his lips before his shoulder sag in defeat and he nodded at me. I just turned around and ran towards my best friend who was already on their bed lying down crying. Her whole body was shaking as she stayed in a fetus position. I just slid down to her side as I embraced her closer to me. She used my thighs as a pillow as I combed her hair helping her calm down.

Aspen's POV

Everyone fell into silence when Elora and Myla left. Logan just sat at the sofa staring at the middle of nowhere as the rest of the group did the same. Vince and I locked eyes and he gave me a meaningful look. I just sighed as he stepped up and finally spoke.

"We still need to decide what will be our fate. I think we should let Natasha decide what they want for themselves. It's their choice anyway. We can't just continue to dictate what we should want for others even if we think it is wrong or right. That's individuality."

Natasha nodded in agreement however I noticed the lack of enthusiasm. I think it has got to do with what happened earlier feeling guilty for dropping a bomb in the discussion.

"I propose a resolution." Vince said just as all eyes turned to his direction, "Since everyone was worried about Logan and Aspen's family's involvement here and Logan himself is worried for the others to go to the camp without being sure what they'd get there I believe that we should just split ways."

"Split ways?" Sebastian said, "You want us to leave each other. How is that different?"

"It's different because Aspen, Logan, and anyone who wants to follow them will leave instead. Natasha and the others will stay here."