Chapter 13

Aspen's POV

After everyone returned back to Logan's family's cabin I came back to camp where Sebastian and Vince were taking care of the campsite. I quickly made my way to the wilderness as I saw their silhouettes from the distance packing the tents. When Sebastian felt my presence, he turned around and faced me.

"Need any help?" I asked as he nodded.

"We still need to fold the tent." he replied as I quickly helped Vince who seemed to have a hard time with his part.

A few minutes later we finally were able to place the tent back to its original bag. I helped Vince carry the bag while Sebastian carried the other. We made our way back to the cabin when we passed by the old shack. Remembering what happened to Myla earlier I decided to go check on it.

"Wait here." I told them.

"Why?" Sebastian asked.

"I need to check if he is still there."

"He?"

"The one who attacked Theo, Nikita, and Myla."

Sebastian and Vince exchanged a look before nodding at me, "We'll go with you."

I looked at them a bit hesitant not knowing what they are planning to do with the man after all they have personal grudges with him. Nikita, the girl Sebastian likes and Vince Theo's best friend.

"Remember he is sick."

They fixed their makeshift face mask before nodding.

We put down the tents on the side as Sebastian grabbed a branch for precaution. I waited at the door listening but couldn't hear anything. I locked eyes with the two of them as they nodded. I slowly opened the door as it creaked. I slowly stuck my head inside using my flashlight to illuminate the place and I couldn't see any signs of him being there besides the chair on the ground and the broken lamp on the floor.

I quietly crept inside as Sebastian and Vince followed.

"Be alert he must just be around here."

We stealthy walk around the shack focusing our hearing around the whole place. I used my flashlight to try to look for the man until we reached the place where he was tied. I kneeled looking at the chains and saw some red liquid dripping on the side. I observed it much closer when I saw some human skin stuck on it. Looks like he wiggled his way out not caring about the pain.

I took out a handkerchief and placed a part of his flesh on it and secured it there. I was about to place it back in my pocket when I heard a loud sound. I immediately became alert standing as I moved my gaze around waiting for someone to attack me in the shadows when my flashlight landed on Sebastian looking at Vince who was just right beside some old cans which I think he accidentally knocked down.

"Sorry." he said.

I just pocketed my handkerchief before continuing walking around looking for any signs of the man when Sebastian called us in the back. Vince and I immediately ran towards where he was worried what might happen to him but stopped when I saw the back door open.

"Shit." I muttered.

"He escaped." Sebastian said as I nodded.

"We have to return to the cabin and warn the others."

Sebastian and I carried the tent while we tasked Vince to run first so that he'd be able to deliver the message to the group. Sebastian and I were alert as we looked around the forest searching for clues where the man was as we made our way back to the cabin but as we arrived we still hadn't seen any sign of him.