Chapter 31

Elora's POV

"What is it?" I asked from the window along with Olivia and Nikita just as the rest of the group are looking at the dark forest in front of us.

"I think we heard gunshots." Natasha replied. Being a shooter after the incident earlier she had to stay outside with the boys. Sebastian and Jaden who ran earlier are with us inside.

"It must be other survivors. We have to go see. They might be in trouble." Nikita answered. She was already attacked by the sickos before but she still has a pure heart. She might be shaken for a few days but she was fine again now.

"Or they might be also surrounded by sickos." Vince answered, "We'll be just walking into our own deaths."

"We still have to try and investigate." I replied, "It might be Myla and Aspen. We have to help them."

"But they have a car. Why would they need guns for?" Erica who was also outside asked.

"We don't know but we have to be sure. Elora is right it must be them. We must take a risk they are our friends." Nikita said as all of our attention then move to Logan who has been quiet during the entire conversation. I know that he is deep in thought right now. Aspen is his best friend and Myla is the closest thing that he can have as a sister but he doesn't want to risk the safety of the other group. Everyone is hesitating afraid of what might happen to them if they came to rescue. After what happened earlier no one is blaming them for that. We almost died with the attack.

"Okay." Logan finally answered after a few moments of silence, "I'll go check."

"Logan." I said almost a whisper but he heard me as we locked eyes together and he smiled at me telling me that it is okay.

"I'll come with you." Vince answered.

"No. I'll just go alone. We can't risk more people getting hurt."

"I don't care. Myla fought to help cure Theo even though I've already given up on that idea. If she needs our help I am willing to risk it."

Logan looks thorn but eventually let out a heavy breath and combing his hair, "Fine. You come with me the rest of you keep a look out around. We'll be back in twenty minutes."

"What happens when you don't return?" Jaden asked as fear course through my veins as I look at Logan. Our eyes met and he smiled at me but it didn't make me feel any less better. I stared back at him with pleading eyes but I know even I the person he loves dearly won't be able to stop him for what he wants to do.

"Then don't come after us." he said with confidence without an ounce of hesitation, "Natasha, you lead the rest of the group. Take care of Elora for me."

"Logan." I called him my voice broke. As much as I support him fully I can't help but worry about him. I love him. He is in it for me. He is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. The one who I will have a family with. The one who I want to wake up to each morning. The one who I want to grow old with.

"I love you." he just told me before moving his attention to Vince, "Let's go."

I balled my eyes out as I felt Olivia and Nikita hugged me however despite their supporting arms I fell to the ground. I hugged myself as the tears kept on pouring. I almost ran out of breath beginning to hyperventilate as Jaden and Sebastian quickly helped the girls to bring me to the living room but was unable to because of the next thing that happened. Natasha is shouting orders but I couldn't hear anything clearly. All I can focus on is Olivia's worried expression as she tried to calm me down as I feel a bile coming out of my mouth and I quickly ran to the sink and vomit all my guts out.