Chapter 30

Aspen's POV

I groaned as I feel my head ache. I looked around me seeing that I am hanging upside down. There on my right I saw Myla in the same position as I am only this time there is a branch stuck on her leg. Worry suddenly filled my whole being as I tried to reach out to her waking her up but she wasn't responding. I quickly removed my seatbelt hearing it click as I fell on the roof of the car groaning. I crawl to Myla calling her name but still no response. I checked out her wound and it wasn't bleeding. The branch stopping her from losing a lot of blood.

I tried to look around for something I can use to cut the branch. Thankfully we brought a toolbox behind the car so I limp my way behind it and looked for something I can use. There I saw a saw and I quickly took it and rounded the car and getting back inside so I can cut the longer part of the branch careful not to make too much friction as it might affect Myla's injury.

I was sweating once I was done as I tried to crawl behind of her seat but I had a hard time having a huge built. But when I finally made it behind the shotgun seat I slowly reclined it and tried to pull her out slowly. Once Myla is finally out I set her down on the ground and quickly made my way behind the car again to find some medical supplies. Thankfully the hunting trips my dad use to bring Logan and I helped because I know a few things about first aid.

I prepared all of I needed hoping that I remembered it right because I don't know what I'll do if something bad happens to Myla. I first cut the clothe around the branch making sure that I have the space to do the rest of the work before taking it out as the blood oozes and I quickly begin cleaning her wound up until finally stitching her. My hands are shaking the whole time worried about Myla but I tried to suck it up knowing that if I make a mistake her life is in my hands.

After the grueling minutes of my life. I finally let out a heavy breath as I wrapped Myla's legs with the bandage. She is stable for now. Nothing serious. Thankfully the branch didn't hit a nerve. All I can do now is wait for her to wake up.

I observed our surroundings. I saw the tire prints of the car that were following us earlier but there is no sign of the two man from. They must've left thinking the car would explode. It was a miracle it didn't. Myla and I would've probably died by then and all of the supplies to help Theo would be gone. Looks like destiny still has a plan for us.

I just rounded the car to check out our supplies and get them out of the car and into the side of the crash. We'll probably just return for it after we get some help. For now, we need to get back to the cabin safely.

I took out my weapons and armed myself. The crash was loud it probably heard by the sickos unless they are more attracted to the other two man. I put out my gun and checked the surrounding areas. Myla is still unconscious and it is getting dark. I want to light up a fire because it's more likely that we'll camp here but I don't want to risk the crash. We'd survive the impact but we'll die because of my own undoing.

I busied myself with the map that I found in the glove compartment to find the cabin. Thankfully we weren't that far from here. I just took out a compass already knowing where we should be heading. I'm just grateful for my old habits. Each time we visit this cabin we are required to bring these essentials. I didn't think I will be needing this until now.

Once I am done I guard the place at the same time moving our supplies I then heard some movement. I immediately moved my attention to where it came from and let out a heavy breath as I saw Myla's fingers moving. She is finally waking up.

I kneeled beside her relief wash over me when she flutters her eyes open. She still acts disoriented looking around but I feel at ease knowing that she finally has consciousness.