Chapter 34

Vince just walked away right after he shoot Theo as the rest of the group finally awaken from their trance. Sebastian finally let go of Olivia as she kneeled beside her best friend.

"Olivia. You might get infected." Logan whispered but Olivia ignored him and continued to cry beside Nikita who was choking on her own blood. We all know that we couldn't do anything for her now that she is bitten. We don't have a cure. Even if we miraculously stopped the bleeding with our minimal knowledge on first aid we won't be able to cure her. She wasn't just bitten; a part of her flesh is torn off her body.

Olivia didn't care about what Logan said as she hugged her best friend for the last time crying. Nikita reached out to her holding her cheeks staining it with her bloody hands before slowly falling out of consciousness.

I had to look away as the tears began to pour and memories flooded my mind. I walk away and just found myself seating at the foot of the stairs crying. I hugged my knees as my body become weak. We weren't even able to try to give Theo the medicine that we had that might've cured him and now he is dead and we can't cure Nikita when she is already dead.

I just sat there crying until I heard footsteps approaching. I didn't bother to look up because I already know who it is. With just a small amount of time getting to know I didn't realize that I am already accustomed to his presence.

He didn't say nor do anything and just sat there beside me and it is enough to comfort me until finally I feel myself slowly calm down. I wiped the tears from my eye and took a deep breath as we slowly fall into silence. I can no longer hear Olivia's cry. She too must've exhausted herself.

"We need to find that map Aspen." I said breaking the silence as I saw him at the corner of my eye nodding.

"I'll ask Logan to help me." he replied standing up dusting his pants.

"I'll join you."

He stopped seemingly surprised by my answer but eventfully nodded, "Okay. We'll start in the back. We can't walk around inside the house if we're infected. It hasn't been 24 hours plus with what happened earlier we still need to wait another day to confirm."

I nodded, "Sure. I'll just ask Elora to go take a look."

I run up the stairs as Aspen returned to the garage where Logan and the others are. Just as I was about to knock I already saw Elora in the door waiting for me. Her eyes are bloodshot red because of crying as she sniffs putting her hand in the door wanting to touch me as I do.

"Myla." her voice cracked as she called me, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's my fault. I didn't know. I'm sorry."

"Shhh." I cooed her trying to calm her down because she was about to cry again, "What happened? Tell me."

"I-I... She asked if she could help me get some cleaning materials because I vomited when I woke up again. I didn't know that she..."

"It's okay Elora it's not your fault. You didn't know that she'd go there. Theo escaped, even if you did know you didn't intend her to be attacked by him."

Elora shook her head, "No. I..."

"Shh... Shh... It's okay calm down. Tell me about the vomiting."

Elora began wiping her tears, "I vomited every morning for the past two weeks now. I thought I gotten sick like the others but I was so afraid so I hid it and just distanced myself from the others to create precaution. Thankfully it looks like it isn't."

"Okay, that's good then. I mean you're still sick which is bad but it might be just something else. Hopefully its curable. I'll ask Natasha to check on you later. You shouldn't be afraid to ask us. I promise no matter happens I'll always be on your side, hmm?"