Chapter 27

There is blood everywhere. Red stream flooded the entire room. Dead bodies scattered everywhere as the familiar metallic scent filled my nostrils. I whimpered remembering the exact same scene before. Suddenly someone grabbed my arms and I screamed only this time it was muffled. My eyes locked on white orbs with black veins covering it. I cried as I tried to breathe but I couldn't. Slowly I almost lost consciousness until I heard someone call my name.

"Myla. Myla. It's me Aspen. Myla."

I blinked until slowly the image fades and all I can see is Aspen's worried expression. He is holding my mouth, stopping me from making any noises concerned that the two men earlier might hear me.

When I finally calmed down he removed his hold on me. I looked around the place and noticed that papers are littered everywhere and some of the cabinets are in disarray. But there is not even a drop of blood that I thought I saw earlier. I held my chest finally feeling my heartbeat slowly getting back to normal.

"Are you okay?" he asked as I nodded.

"Yes."

He looked unconvinced but just said, "Okay. Let's go before they find us."

I followed Aspen as we sneaked away from the building. We passed by the offices that we saw earlier, carefully walked the halls making sure that no one was there and made our way to the delivery docking. There we noticed that everything was just the way it is when we left it. Even the steel door is closed making it seem like everything is suspicious.

"Where did they come in? It doesn't seem like they used this route." I asked Aspen as we hid at the back of stacked boxes.

"Maybe at the back door." he replied.

"Do you think they saw our car? They did see the gate."

"Not sure."

"What were they doing here?"

"Whatever it is, they didn't look like looters. They are tasked to do something I have a feeling it's something related to what happened here and the people in my company."

"Do you think they are dangerous?"

"I'm not sure. But we can't trust anyone right now. We don't know what is going on out here."

I followed Aspen as he slowly crept outside. We quietly lifted the steel door, hearing it creak as it went up. We saw our car still parked in the driveway as if it wasn't untouched. Aspen looked around making sure that no one would suddenly jump out of nowhere before gesturing for me to follow him. He opened my side of the door for me before rounding the car to go to his side. I felt safe now within the comforts of the familiar vehicle when suddenly we heard someone knocking the glass. My body turned cold when I saw a face of a man outside trying to peak inside the car. I held my breath without even knowing it.

The car is tinted, that's why they couldn't see us. Thankfully Aspen hadn't turned on the engine so they didn't know that someone was inside. They rounded the vehicle inspecting it before finally I heard them talking as I locked eyes once again with Aspen. It's the same voice that I heard when we were stuck in the cabinet.

"Sweet ride." one said.

"Why did you think they left it here?" the man who tried to take a peak from inside the car spoke.

"Don't know. It looks fine though. Do you think they ran out of gas?"

"Maybe."

"See if you can nick it. I want one of these myself when things haven't blown up before. Some pretty little rich boy must've tried to get some medicine and ended up getting eaten by those sickos."