WHY CAN'T I BE YOURS?

YOU OPENED THIS BOOK, A BIG THANK YOU!!!

Book One of "Yours Series"

WARNING!!! Mature content.
There's little or no sexual scenes here. It's not the central idea of the book. Although there are, that doesn't mean that it isn't steamy. It's not just steamy, it's also sensuous where it need to be. The steamy content is rough and unrefined. I'm not a professional writer so, bear with me. I'd reform and rewrite this book when I've completed the series, most likely a year or two after it's fully published. It's going to take time so, don't be offended. Please don't judge and expect perfection. This is my first book and I'm more interested in poems and music. This book has that which includes violence, a series of death, bullying et cetera. Please...oblige!

COPYRIGHT:
This book solely belongs to the writer in the person of Joy Olokungboye. Not a chapter or associated content is to be manipulated, reproduced, copied, or distributed be it digital, electronic, in audio or video format or in print. This offence is punishable by LAW! Kindly oblige!!

<-------------------->

THEMES:
Unrequited love, Rejection, revenge, total misconception, love is real, the past judges the future, repercussions for evil, irresponsible parenthood, family crisis, molestation, anger, hatred.

<-------------------->

NARRATIVE TECHNIQUES:
The techniques implied in this book are as follows: First-person and Omniscient (Third person) narrative.

<-------------------->

SETTING:
It consists of the physical and temporal setting.
Physical: Texas and Louisiana.
Temporal: 21st Century United States.

<-------------------->

LANGUAGE:
United States General English will be employed through out the series and that includes some slangs where needed even if I’m an African and don’t know much about foreign slangs; I'll try my best.  I’m also looking forward to your guidance, that’s if you don’t mind.

<-------------------->

SUMMARY:
When an 18-year-old virgin decided to leave Louisiana, her home town for Texas, an alien town she was unaware that the journey of her independence would become one of longing for a man's love and attention.

She was torn because of their different personalities and lifestyle but yet her love for Charles, the CEO of Westland Airlines and heir to the Jackson group of companies remained endless. Being poor and uneducated, she didn't stand a chance of being with Charles, the man whom every woman carved for but yet she believed in her love.

Captivated by his charm, she assumed reasons to defend his wrongs and stayed true to her feelings. Subconsciously, she became entangled in his problems as her heart ached in distress. She was unaware that Charles was an egocentric, cold-hearted, proud and unforgiving man who had locked his heart to emotions, the major aftermath of his grandmother's death.

Maureen chose to believe that his reserved and cold nature was inborn but she was not aware that it was a reflection of his true nature and the darkness in his heart. What's unknown to those who have seen his cruel nature is that deep down in Charles' stone heart lies warmth and kindness which have been locked by hatred and anger.

It's revealed that he does have human kindness when he teared up over the plane crash not because he will lose millions of dollars but because of the lives which went down with the plane. He might be kind but abhors poor people and has no room for love in his life.

Charles is a man who believes in hard work and skill. Being his favorite maid, she assumed his kindness for love meanwhile Charles was just being generous since she's a hardworking girl. She was convinced that he felt something for her since Charles' relationship with Hailey is forced by the latter. She wanted and desired his love which made her do the unimaginable.

Eventually, she became torn with the reality of life.

<-------------------->

English is not my first language and I'm from a country with over 250 tribal languages. Please don't judge this book; I'm also a learner. Also, please refrain from passing negative comments in the comment section as writing is a form of peace to people like me who are faced with different challenges. It keeps us busy and heals our souls when we are distracted by what we love doing. It is heartbreaking when we are insulted because we believe that our readers are connected with us emotionally. It hurts; a lot. As a writer, that’s the worst that can happen to me. If you'd love to critique my writing, kindly do so by contacting me privately. My inbox is open to you all.

Finally, the goal of writing is the audience. I love you all.

Copyright © 2022 All rights reserved

<-------------------->

ACHIEVEMENTS:
Runner up– The Winter Solstice Mini Awards 2022 (best title)

<-------------------->

Hey guys!
You can follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Tiktok for teasers by checking my name @joyolokungboye or you can search for my nickname « AUTHOR JEROL », you'd find me, hands down!

Please enjoy!!! THE HOUR OF PAIN, CONFUSION, TRAGEDY,
TRAGIC INFORMATION