21// Delicious Urge

Maureen was happy that her actions mattered to Charles so, she was lost in a trance.

"That's all. I'm leaving, don't neglect your health, Mr Charles." Dr Gabriel said and jerked Maureen from her dazzled state.

Maureen turned to look at him and Charles simply nodded at his statement.

"I'd walk you out." Maureen offered and they both left.

Maureen returned to Charles's room. She wanted to take the list and purchase the drugs in a pharmacy along with Matthew.

"Pass my phone," Charles said trying to sit up.

Quickly, Maureen rushed to assist him and said. "sir, are you sure? I can speak on your behalf."

She offered since she didn't want to stress him. She was concerned that he could be angered over the phone or worse receive bad news. She didn't want anything that would force him to go out. It would terrify her.

Maureen had the habit of worrying over trivial matters. Before an issue escalates, she could have developed IBP (High Blood Pressure) especially when it revolves around those whom she loves.

"I'm good," Charles said. Originally, he would have been angered by her statement as he hated being controlled but he was already getting used to her attitude of exaggerating matters.

He ignored most of her overreacted expressions. In his opinion, she was a loving, wonderful and caring employee, no! A caring girl. She extended affection towards everyone.

His notion of Maureen is true but the whole employee thing is a total misconception. She regards Charles as more of her most desired treasure than a boss.

Maureen had no choice so, she opened the drawer by his side, took out the phone and gave it to him. She had placed his phone in the drawer after she removed it from his suit's inner pocket. Quickly, Charles clung the phone to his ear.

"Good morning," he replied with a cold face.

"I'm ill, cancel my schedules for the week," he said and Maureen smiled.

"Okay sir," Ethan responded and Charles hung up the phone. By the time Charles finished calling, Maureen had changed the cheerful expression on her face so, Charles didn't know how happy she was.

Though she wasn't happy that he was ill but was going to spend a week or at least had to be happy since it had never happened before.

Just when Charles was about to move his body, she offered. "sir, let me."

She took his phone and then spoke again. "sir, do you want it turned off?" she asked.

"No," Charles responded and she kept it back in the drawer.

Charles loved how she worked. She was like none of his female employees. She couldn't be like them since no one could love him the way she did. She was swift, dutiful and kind-hearted.

He had never seen any fault in her. He found her naïveness and calmness amusing. She was a bit like his grandmother but just one in a young body and mind.

"Sir, do you need anything else?" she asked.

"No!" he replied and she stormed out.

Maureen walked past the kitchen, went to the storage room, took the cleaning materials and hurried back to his room.

One of Maureen's colleagues saw her pass by and leave rather quickly with furrowed brows. She wondered what Maureen was going to use the vacuum cleaner and dusters for.

When Maureen opened the door, she was surprised that Charles was asleep. She was thankful that he didn't wake up when she opened the door.

Charles fluttered his eyes open as Maureen's footsteps jolted his resolve and she met his gaze with a flinch.