15// A Heart of Stone

Hailey went into the mansion. She walked in elegantly with a sullen look on her face and her look became deadly when she spotted Antonia.

She looked at her with disgust. She was annoyed and since she didn't like the sight of pretty maids, she became angrier.

She knew Antonia was in her thirties and yet she was still beautiful, which she didn't like. Honestly, Hailey is a problematic person.

"Good morning ma'am." Antonia greeted and Hailey simply walked to the couch and sat.

"Get me alcohol," Hailey said and Antonia felt relieved that she hadn't angered her in any way.

"Okay, ma'am," she said and before she took a step Hailey spoke again.

"Before that, go get me, Maureen!" Hailey said and Antonia widened her eyes in shock.

Now, she was certain that Hailey had been confronted by Charles and was worried that Hailey might hurt Maureen again. She knew that their meetings never went well. She often wondered what Hailey had against Maureen.

"Ma'am she's resting. I'd do whatever she's required to do." Antonia said and Hailey became annoyed.

"How dare you?" It was Hailey's response to Antonia.

"Ma'am she's asleep, I don't think she'd be able to perform any tasks."

"Are you out of your mind?" Hailey said and drew her hand to slap Antonia but paused as she recalled Charles's words. 

She wasn't scared of slapping Antonia but she didn't want to do anything that will make him angry with her. So she let her off the hook.

"Get out of my sight immediately!" She continued and Antonia rushed in shock to Maureen's bedroom.

Antonia couldn't believe that she almost got hit by Hailey. It was annoying because Charles didn't mistreat the employees although she could only speak for herself.

And besides, Hailey wasn't the lady of the house neither was she his fiancé. Antonia tapped Maureen's leg and she woke up.

*****

After quitting the scenario when sir Charles's car zoomed off, Antonia advised that I take a rest and go to sleep. I'm quite surprised that she woke me up and was more surprised when she told me that Miss Hailey wants to see me. I sat up and washed the sleep off my eyes to be sure that she was joking but she repeated the same words to me.

"Maureen you have to go to miss Hailey. She's requesting your presence," she said and I got up and washed up.

"It's okay, I'm not weak," I said with a reassuring smile as Antonia held my hand and afterwards she let go of it.

"Alright," she replied and we went to the living room together.

"Miss, you called for me," I said as I arrived at the living room and I was ignored.

"Antonia, you know that next thing to do," she said and I became confused.

Antonia left and I stood avoiding her gaze as she gazed at me. She hadn't uttered a word since Antonia left and I was beginning to get scared. Antonia returned with a bottle of whiskey, an iced-filled cup, she poured the whiskey into the cup and handed it to miss Hailey.

She stood and then miss Hailey peeled her gaze off me and shot scary glares at Antonia, indirectly telling her to leave us. I couldn't just see but could also feel Antonia's reluctance to leave but she had no choice and left.

Antonia looked at me and her gaze told a lot. I had to please her to get back to my bed and rest. I found Antonia's confidence weird since Antonia was a little scared of her but I guess she was just worried about me.