14// As Cunning As A Fox

Hailey didn't waste a second and quickly she rushed to Charles and pushed her body into his in readiness to envelop him in a hug but Charles was swift and before their bodies collided, Charles stopped her.

Hailey was confused by his action and a cruel crease appeared on her brows. She had only been able to sniff a little of his intoxicating masculine scent.

"You're fully aware that I don't like hugs. Don't make the same mistake again." Charles' words were cold and Hailey was a little displeased but he had told her before and she was aware.

The expression on her face changed as she realised that she made a mistake. At first, when Hailey and Charles started their relationship, she had a difficult time adjusting because of his prospects.

She met him at one of his business partners' wedding. What was surprising was how she secured an invitation. Her mother had devised the whole thing after she saw West Land company magazine in Hailey's room.

She noticed that the page was flipped to the one that had Charles Jackson, the famous CEO's picture so she guessed that her daughter was in love and decided that she was going to help her get the man of her dreams.

What shocked her was Hailey's revelation of liking him because he was rich. Soon, she realised that her daughter was just like her and she was pleased.

They spent months planning and Mabel Jonathan found a way to help Hailey get an invitation although it was through ungodly means. Ever since Hailey met Charles, she had been pretending to be a loving and amiable person who desires the success of all.

Hailey is never tired of scheming and plans to do so to have her way into the prestigious Jackson family.
Hailey and Mabel believe that the best way into the family is through Veronica Jackson since she's the lady of the house.

Hailey will help Veronica get her son's love and in turn, she will support their union when Charles introduces her. What a nice plan!

She believes that after she marries Charles, her next goal will be to bear his heir as he is the heir to the Jackson Group of Companies.

"When did you get back and why are you here this early?" Charles asked in an unusual tone.

"I came back yesterday." She answered.

"I believe you were supposed to attend to some family issues in Australia," Charles questioned.

"That's true, but I heard about the plane crash and came to offer my support. I wanted to see you so I came here yesterday and you weren't here so I called and yet, you didn't pick up. I had no other option but to come here this early besides you don't like me visiting your office..." Hailey explained.

She wanted him to see how much she cared about him but Charles isn't the type to bother about emotions and decisions made based on emotions. Although he was a little surprised that Hailey cared and was burdened about his company but he didn't think much of it.

"I see. Was that why you deliberately scared Maureen's face?" Charles asked in an annoyed tone.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to her." Hailey said defensively.

"I won't ask you again. Why did you hurt Maureen?" Charles asked.

"Who told you that? Who lay such accusations against me?" Hailey said and tried to hide her annoyance.

She put out a pitiful look to disguise her desire to rush into his home and hit Maureen some more.

"There's no reason for me to hurt her besides she's just a maid." Hailey defended.