Chapter 1

My name is Addison Murphy. I am a seventeen year old Princess of the Werewolves. I am not next in line for the throne, just a typical teenage wolf.

I generally like to dress nice. No jeans and no sweatpants for me. I'm a girl and I like to look like one. Today I wore a floral zip up corset cami dress with beige bedazzled masbird sandals, showing off my sparkly pink pedicure.

I was about to go out with my sister Hannah and my cousin Oscar, who was also fashion conscious. He was one of my best friends even though he was four years older. We were going out to a pool hall. I had no interest in pool but I was determined to meet my mate and intended to meet as many people as possible.

I heard a honk outside letting me know that Oscar was here. I ran down the stairs and out of the house only to find my Dad standing next to his car.

"Why are you out here honking your horn. I've got a sleeping wife in here. Next time, come to the door and knock. Your cousin deserves better," he said.

"Dad. Why are you always lecturing us? I knew Oscar was coming," I said.

"These are life's teachable moments. I can't let them slip by. Besides, why are you going to a pool hall anyway? We have pool tables here," he said.

"Dad. Oscar is looking for his mate and I would like to meet mine," I said. You have to get out and see people. Crack a few eggs."

"Suit yourself. You're still too young to know who your mate is. Who else is going with you?" He asked. "Jade? The triplets?"

"No Dad. We're just waiting for Hannah then we're leaving," I said.

Right on cue Hannah came out of the Palace. Her brown hair was messy and she only wore mascara. She had pretty gray eyes like our dad and brother, Ezra. She was wearing denim overalls with a tight striped shirt. We couldn't be any more different if we tried. It was a nice balmy night so Oscar has his top down on his convertible.

"Can I drive?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.

Oscar looked at me with one eyebrow raised. I knew that couldn't be good. You could always tell exactly how he felt by his face. It was very expressive.

"Yea if we take one of your dad's cars," he said.

"Daddy, can I please drive one of your cars?" I asked.

"Don't daddy me. You're not taking any of my cars. You didn't pass your road test," he said.

"It was a technicality. I know how to drive," I said.

"You almost struck a pedestrian. That's not a technicality," he said. "As soon as you pass your test, I will get you a car. That's not an issue. I might even let you pick it out, but I doubt it. You need the highest safety rating."

"Where's Mom?" I asked.

"You're not driving her car either," he said.

I looked at Oscar and said, "just go. Bye Dad. See you later. Love you."

Hannah gave him a hug and a kiss before getting into the back. Oscar adjusted the windows so our hair blew back gracefully.

I took control of the radio trying to find a good station. I was grooving on classic rock at the moment and managed to find a good station. Juke Box Hero was currently playing.

It was teen night at the Billiards' Room meaning it will probably be filled with kids from school. Hopefully I will meet someone new tonight.

We went into the pool hall and it smelled disgusting, like stale cigarettes and old beer. The floor was sticky and the lighting was dim. There were a few kids I knew from school. No one special.