Chapter 3

Author's note: The photo is of Tim.

School the next day dragged. Everything was just filler until I could see Nick again, but at least I had the carnival to look forward to. Lunch time came around and I met up with Tim. I really enjoy his company.

"I had a good time yesterday and I'm sorry about the diner," I said.

"Let's not talk about that," he said. "You want to go out this weekend?"

"Sure. Where to?" I asked.

"That's a surprise," he said.

"You and your surprises," I said.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

I looked at his mouth and then into his eyes before saying, "yeah."

He leaned over and lightly pressed his lips to mine. I grabbed his head and gave him a more forceful kiss, no tongue. Cheers erupted around us.

"Where did that come from?" He asked.

"You asked for a kiss," I said, shrugging.

He looked like he was going in for another one when my phone went off. I checked to see who it was. A text message from Oscar.

Oscar: You're going to the carnival without me?

Me: I'm going with Kara. She wants to have girl time so take it up with her.

Oscar: I will.

"Who was that?" Tim asked.

"My cousin. The one from the pool hall. My best friend and I are going to the carnival tomorrow. He wanted to know why he wasn't invited," I said.

"I could ask the same thing," he said.

"If you want to go-," I started.

"I'm just kidding," he said, chuckling. "You looked horrified."

"Well I didn't want to be rude," I said.

He leaned in and gave me a kiss. I liked his sweet kisses but I wish he were more aggressive. I kissed him back harder. We ate our lunch. When the bell rang, he gave me another kiss.

The rest of the day flew by. In no time I was in Oscar's car on my way home. Oscar was done with school but always drove me.

"Did you really want to go to the carnival?" I asked.

"Girls," he said. "They'll be tons of girls."

"Is that all you can think about?" I asked.

"I think about other things. I just have to find my mate. It's killing me," he said.

"I can only imagine. Ezra hasn't found his mate either. He's probably going to start traveling soon to find her," I said.

"Nah. Ezra is going to do his Alpha thing first. We talked about it," he said.

"He didn't tell me that," I said.

"You're his little sister. He doesn't talk to you about everything. You're not my sister so I'll talk to you about these things," he said.

"You're an only child. You talk to anyone," I said.

"You especially though. You know you're my favorite," he said.

"Did you ask Kara?" I asked.

"Not yet," he said.

I pulled out my phone and began texting Kara.

Me: Can Oscar come with us?

I waited a bit for her to answer me back. We were almost to the Palace. My phone went off.