Chapter 32

Author's note: picture of the rings.

We took a shower and then got dressed. We were starving at this point since we didn't finish breakfast so we went and had lunch. We ate in silence letting our looks do the talking.

"Stop looking at me like that or we won't make it to my mother," he said.

"I wouldn't mind missing her if it meant an afternoon in bed," I said.

"That would probably mean another month without Michael," he said.

"We can't do that," I said. "Don't even say that."

When we were done, we put our dishes in the sink then headed outside. His mother should be showing up any minute. I turned to him to ask how long it would take when we were whisked away to Black Moon.

We landed in our kitchen at Black Moon with his mother. She looked ready to kill. I tried talking to her but she held up a hand. "I don't need to hear anything from you two other than the location of my grandson. Tell me now or we're going to have a problem."

"He's somewhere safe," Jace said. "There has to be something else you want as much as him. What is it?"

"Who says I'm not insistent on my grandson?" She asked.

"You know we'd never give you that. What do you really want?" Jace asked.

"Alright then. I want to be Queen for a day," she said.

"So if you get a day as Queen, you'll leave Michael alone?" I asked.

"I would like to visit him. He is my grandchild, but I would not try to take him," she said. "If I am to possess the Queen, I will need her permission though."

"That might be a problem," I said. "Why do you want to be her anyway?"

"I have my reasons," she said. "Let's just ask her, shall we?"

She snapped her fingers and my mother appeared. She looked just as confused as I felt. She looked at everyone before her then kept her attention on me.

"What am I doing here, Addison?" She asked.

I opened my mouth to explain what was going on when I was cut off.

"She did not bring you here, I did," Jacy said. "If you want to help them, you'll agree to let me be Queen for a day."

"You want me to do what now?" My mom asked.

"It's just a little possession," Jacy said. "All I ask for is one day and I will leave everyone alone."

"You want to be me for a day? To do what?" My mom asked.

"That's my business," Jacy said. "I can either take my son, grandson, or this one day. The choice is up to you."

"I'll need to speak with my daughter in private," my mother said. "As in you two leave the pack and Addison will let you know when we're done."

"We can do that," Jace said.

Jacy grabbed Jace and they disappeared. My mother waited a few minutes before saying, "what is going on? What does she want?"

"I don't know, Mom. This makes no sense to me either," I said. "I thought you might know something."

"She did have a thing for your father. Maybe she just wants to be with him. I suppose we could do this if I lay down some ground rules," she said. "She is not touching my husband."

"You'd really do this for us? What if this is what she wanted from the beginning?" I asked.

"That's a chance we'll have to take," she says. "Bring them back. I will handle this.