Chapter 9

Author's note: picture of Queen Joyana.

The trip to New York was pleasant. I played games with my family and we watched a movie. Before we knew it, we were landing in a small private airport.

My dad's Beta, Liam, was waiting for us. He picked us up in a huge van that we all piled into. Ezra had a majority of the things he'll need to take over as Alpha. I was proud of him but sad he was leaving. He worked hard all of his life to earn that title.

Liam drove us to pack territory talking about their kids and pack business. I decided to take a nap not wanting to hear about either. Someone shook me awake when we arrived. The pack was out to greet us. I shook as many hands as I could before retreating into the pack house.

The first thing I did was unpack. My bedroom was usually on the second floor but this year I was on the first. My brothers and sister were on the second floor. My parents were on the third floor with the baby and Beta Liam and his wife Sofia.

Rachel and Raquel came in and interrupted me.

"You have to see the guy staying at Blue Moon. He's Xavier's friend and staying for the summer too," Rachel said.

"He's not my type but totally up your alley," Raquel said.

"His name is Aiden. We should go over there," Rachel said.

"Yeah. We should definitely go over there," Raquel said.

"Listen, I really don't think I am in the mood for guys. I just broke up with one and the one I actually want to be with is MIA," I said.

"All the more reason for you to meet a new one. You can't shut yourself away because it didn't work out with that guy," Rachel said.

"And waiting on the other guy is a loser's game. Why wait for someone who disappeared on you?" Raquel asked.

"Because he had a family emergency. That can't be helped. I'm not going to hold that against him," I said.

"Doesn't mean you can't have fun while you wait. Besides, you should see Xavier," Rachel said.

"He's cute too," Raquel said.

"Ok. I'll go see them," I said “Eventually. Right now I am going to finish unpacking."

"Come on," Raquel said.

"Right now," Rachel said.

"I'll drive," Raquel said.

"I have to finish unpacking and I would like to take a shower after that long trip," I said.

"Just come with us. You smell fine," Rachel said.

They both hooked arms with me and marched me out of my room sideways. They stopped in front of their purple Toyota Corolla and sat me in the backseat. They climbed in and before I could say anything more, we were on our way to Blue Moon.

We parked and then walked to the pack house. Amara answered the door.

"Twins! Good to see you again. And who is that? Addison? Is that you?" She asked.

"Yes Aunt Amara. It's me," I said.

She gave me a great big hug, squeezing my body tightly. I returned the hug with equal fervor. I have missed her so much.

"Come in, come in. The boys are in the recreation room playing games," she said. "Go say hi."

"Where's Joey?" I asked.

"She's away at school. She's doing so well," she says before we head to the rec room.

"Hey Xavier," I said, walking into the room.