Chapter 23

I couldn't wait to have my baby which would be in about a month. I was having a difficult time getting comfortable anymore. Jace bought me a special pillow that sat me up in bed. It really helped me sleep.

Abby came over when Felicia left to keep me company. We did our school work together then she told me the latest pack gossip. I don't know how she knew so much about everything but I guess she gets around.

She reported that Johnny has done a complete one eighty changing his philandering ways. He was taking his training to heart and had sworn off women until he meets his mate. This disappointed Abby because she was hoping to date him when he cleaned up his ways. I can't help but feel a little used, but at least it benefited Johnny. 

I started tuning Abby out after I heard that. Seems she had an agenda telling me things. If she wanted something done she could talk to Jace herself. She got her chance when Jace came home early one day. He walked in and kissed me before greeting Abby.

"How's it going, Abby?" He asked.

"Not so good. As I was telling Addy, Amelia isn't doing so well," she says. "I think she's depressed."

"She should talk to Dr. Shaffer then," he said."

"I don't know if that's going to help. She's lonely," Abby said.

"Why don't we get a social group together? You can be in charge," Jace said."

"I like that idea but I'm not sure she'll join. I thought Addy could befriend her. They both seem kinda lonely," Abby said.

"You think Addison is lonely?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I said.

"I want to hear from Abigail," Jace said.

At this point I was getting irritated. Sure I could use more people around but I was about to have a baby. I couldn't deal with a lonely, depressed person. Could I?

"Well, she just seems to miss her family a lot and she doesn't seem very interested in what I have to say. She's not engaging," she says.

"That is because I don't need you using me to get the things you want from Jace," I said.

"What? I don't need you to talk to Jace," she said.

"She comes to me with her problems, Addison. Why did you think she was using you?" Jace asked.

"Because of the Johnny situation," I said.

"Addison, Abby wasn't the only one to come to me about Johnny and while I appreciate your input, getting him more involved in the pack was brilliant, but I was already on it," he said.

"Maybe I vent to you too much, but I just try to let you know what's going on around you because you lock yourself away all the time," Abby said.

 "I don't lock myself away. I've been trying to do something around here and Jace says 'when you have the baby you'll have plenty to do'. I don't just want to be barefoot and pregnant all the time," I say.

"Who wants you barefoot and pregnant?" Jace asked. "I meant that you would have plenty to do around the pack because you will. I didn't want to overload you now when you're about to pop. Did you really think I meant the baby would keep you busy?"

I nodded my head.

"Oh, sugar. I'm so sorry. I should have been clearer. Can you forgive me?"

"Seems it's you who has to forgive me for being so dense," I said. "I'm sorry Abby. You've been great. I shouldn't have assumed."