Chapter 20

Author's note: picture of Addison's and Jace's mark.

"Jace, I'm attracted to Aiden," I blurted out.

"I know," he said.

"But it's more than a physical thing. We have some sort of bond," I said.

"I know," he said.

"I almost slept with him," I said.

"I know," he said.

"Tonight," I said.

"Addison I know. He told me everything," he said. "He doesn't keep things from me. I know when you called him and you were fooling around on your picnic. I know everything. What I don't know is what do I have to do to keep you two apart."

"I'm so sorry," I said. "I don't know what comes over me."

"Can we just see the doctor? We'll talk about this later," he said.

We started walking again. I couldn't read him to save my life. He still was holding my hand but it was much looser. I squeezed his hand and didn't let go of my hold.

We made it to the hospital and signed in for a pregnancy test. We were shown to a room right away. The nurse came in and I provided a urine sample and we sat waiting for the doctor.

The nurse returned with a portable machine. I looked at Jace. He was already looking at me but I couldn't read his expression. The doctor came in and said, "well I guess congratulations are in order. Please lie down on the bed."

"What do you mean congratulations?" I asked. "I can't be pregnant. I took a test. I haven't been sick. This can't be happening."

"Lift your shirt up," the doctor said. "Those test can have false negatives. No false positives though. If you don't want to have the child, there are options."

"Options?" I asked.

I looked over at Jace and he seemed happy, but I could also feel he was reserved.

The nurse put a cold gel on my belly then the doctor moved a wand over my belly. I could hear a strange sound that I was told was the baby's heartbeat. Jace held my hand.

"It looks like you're three months along and if I'm not mistaken, they're twins," the doctor said.

The doctor marked off baby one and baby two then printed the picture. I immediately gave it to Jace who has been quiet this entire time.
They gave me a bunch of literature and pills then sent us on our way.

I just teleported us to my room and began to cry. I felt relief in a way since I knew who my babies' father was. There was no denying it they were Jace's.

He held me while I cried and the tears slowly subsided. I stayed in his arms until I felt sleep overtake me.

When I woke up, Jace was gone. I was laying in bed alone. I felt my stomach where I knew the babies were and thought about my future. I couldn't have Aiden as a lover because mistakes happened. I was not about to have two baby daddies.

Just as I was about to get up, Jace returned. He brought me up a tray full of food. There was everything from French toast to oatmeal.

"I wasn't sure what you wanted so I got some of everything. Whatever you don't eat, I will," he said.

I picked out the French toast and a bagel. He picked up an omelette and we started eating.

"Did Aiden tell you he was immune to you?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"You don't affect him. He remembers everything and can always feel when you're coming," I said.