Chapter 26

I went to open the kitchen door for Giselle when I saw Aiden. He looked like he had his arm bandaged. I opened the door and ran to him.

"How are you doing? I was so worried about you," I said.

"I'm fine Addy," he said. "I just need a little help."

"Why don't you come stay with me? I can help you," I said.

"You have a baby to take care of and look exhausted. I can't be a burden on you," he says.

"At least come in for breakfast. I can feed you," I said.

He agreed to come with me. We sat at the table sharing pleasantries while Giselle cooked. She kept eyeing Aiden, but said nothing.

Once she left, I pulled a chair over to Aiden to help feed him. I cut his food into bite sized pieces he could handle with one hand.

"Do you always carry him around like that?" He asked.

"Not always, but it's better because he can feed whenever he wants. I just have to switch him when I burp him," I said.

"That's handy. You're not wearing anything under that?" He asked.

"No. It's for skin to skin contact," I said.

"I wish he were mine," he said. "He should be mine."

"Aiden. We never even had sex " I said.

"And who's fault is that? That's right. It was Jace," he said, bitterly.

"You can't think that way," I said. "Jace and I, we're getting married."

He scoffed and started eating again, faster than before. I was getting a little nervous. The problems I have with Jace were not insurmountable. My attraction to Aiden has decreased since we strengthened our bonds. I was still attracted to Aiden but it wasn't consuming like it was before.

"What did he do to you?" He asked.

"Nothing. We just strengthened our bond. Things have been clearer ever since," I said.

"You mean you're under his spell more. Don't you think it's funny that our one connection was as strong as two of yours? Don't you think that means something?" He asked. "How about how ours can't be severed? Does that mean anything to you?"

"Aiden, I can't do this. I won't do this. I'm with Jace," I said. "I made my choice. We both have to live with it. Besides, we have two bonds too"

"How can you ask me to do that? I'm just supposed to live without my mate because she chose someone else?" He asked. "I can't do that. I won't give up."

I heard a noise and looked up to see Giselle standing at the window listening. I commanded her back into the house and questioned her about what she heard. When I found out she heard everything but hadn't told Jace yet, I erased her memory and commanded her home.

Aiden had a big grin on his face. "You think to protect me and keep him in the dark. That's what you instinctively did. I love you too Addison Murphy and I won't stop until you are mine."

He got up from the table and went to leave.

"Would you mind hanging out for a little longer?" I asked.

"I will for a price," he said.

"And what will that be?" I asked.

"Just a kiss," he said. "Without your baby there."

"Deal," I said.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"A nap," I said. "Can you just make sure I don't harm my baby while I sleep."