Chapter 24

I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Jace pulled me into him and I felt warm and cozy. I start to doze when I hear something downstairs.

Jace wakes up and runs downstairs. I sat in bed clutching the sheets. I could hear him tussling with someone. I crept downstairs.

"You're going to fail Moon dog," the strange man said. " Your child will never-,."

Jace snapped his neck and I screamed. A dozen men can rushing through the door, including Aiden.

"Why was he talking about our child," I asked.

"Not now, Addison. Get back upstairs," he said.

I looked to Aiden but he was looking at the man on the floor. What was all of this? I deserve to know what's going on if my baby is involved!

"What was he talking about," I shrieked.

"Addison, upstairs, now!" Jace yelled.

I jumped. Why was he yelling at me? I didn't do anything. I'm not the one keeping secrets. This is why we have problems.

"I'll help her," Aiden said.

Jace gave him a long look then nodded his head. Aiden came over to me and put his arm around me. He began guiding me up the stairs.

"Just come with me," he said as I started to turn around.

"I want to know what's going on. Why was he talking about my baby?" I asked.

"Let's get you back to bed. I'm sure Jace will tell you later," Aiden said.

"You know he won't," I said as we approached the bedroom.

I sat on the edge of the bed and he leaned over me. He bent his head down and kissed me. It was a soft sweet kiss and I wanted more.

"I shouldn't have done that," he said.

"I want you to do it again and again," I said.

Desiree: Stop it now.

Me: No. I'm tired of being told what to do.

Desiree: He's not our mate, but he wants to mate with us.

Me: Maybe I will let him.

Desiree: Don't you care about our mate? He cares for us.

Me: He's got a funny way of showing it.

Desiree: Stop now or I will tell him.

Me: You wouldDesiree: Stop nown't dare.

"Arguing with your wolf?" he asks.

"She really doesn't like you," I said.

"But you like me, don't you?" He asks.

"I do," I say and kiss him again.

"Get into bed. I have to go," he said.

"Why?" I ask.

"I have business down there. Jace is calling me," he says.

I kiss him one last time then climb into bed.
He turns to leave but I call him back.

"Maybe you could drive me to my mother's tomorrow?“ I ask.

"I'll see what I can do," he said.

After tonight, I didn't want to ride with Jace. If he wasn't going to be honest with me, especially when it comes to our child, then I had nothing to say to him. I wasn't about to be stuck in a car with him.