Chapter 31

Author's note: picture of Jacy.

"Time to go," he said while getting up and walking out of the room.

"Go with him," Ezra said.

I quickly get up and run after him. I catch up with him at the door and he takes me by the hand. "Stay behind me."

I grabbed on to the back of his pants running to keep up with his strides. I see a woman standing in front of us watching as we approach.

"You really have a type, don't you, Mother," Jace said.

"I told you to come out here alone. What is she doing here?" She asked.

"She goes where I go. There's nothing more to it," he says.

"Let me get a look at her. I couldn't really see her when she screamed my body apart or when she teleported away from me," she said.

"Not a chance. Now what do you want, Mother?" He asked.

"We have an agreement. You are not keeping your end of the bargain. Do I have to undo all that I've done to get you to keep your end of the bargain?" She asks.

"Go ahead and try," he said.

She made a move and I instinctively teleported us. I looked at her and she looked shocked.

"I didn't give you that ability. Where did that come from?" She asked. "That must have been my sister's gift to her. What is your name, little girl?"

"Addison," I said, loud and clear.

"Well Addison, I am Jacy your mate's mother. Are you going to honor his promise?" She asked.

"Nice to meet you, Jacy. I have no intention of giving my son to you. Go make your own," I said.

"I did and you took him too," she said. "You will be giving one of them to me by the end of this. You will have more children. You people breed like animals. I will have to wait until he dies or a thousand years have passed."

"That sounds like a personal problem," I said.

"Did Jace ever tell you how old he is?" She asked. "He is two hundred and fifty years old, wasting most of that time looking for you. My son who should have been by my side was off looking for this mate my sister promised him. Do you think that is fair? Don't you think you owe me?"

"I'm not one of your possessions, Mother. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that," he says.

"This is my last warning. Either give me the boy or I will be taking you when I return. I will give you a month," she says before vanishing.

"A month. I have to go without my son for a whole month?" I asked.

Everyone was gathered around the dining room table. My father sat at the head with my mother beside him. I sat between my mother and Jace with Ezra across from me. Everyone else was spread out.

"She's probably watching you to see when or if you go see Michael," Ezra said.

"We're not stupid enough to do that," I said.

"In the meantime, stay away from babies so she doesn't kidnap the wrong one. The results would be disastrous," Serenity said.

"Does she mean it when she says she'll take Jace?" I asked.

Everyone said no, but I was still nervous.

"That's why she said it. To make you nervous. She's betting you would sacrifice your son because that is what she would do," Serenity said.

"I have to go to sleep. This is a lot to take in. My mind needs a break," I said, getting up. "Are you coming?"

"I'll be up in a bit," Jace said, then kissing my hand. I bent down and gave him a firm kiss on the mouth.