Chapter 8

Author's note: picture of King Viktor.

We left the ICU and went back to the welcome desk to ask after my mother. She was on the fifth floor deliveries which meant she still hadn't had the baby yet. We made our way up there but only one person was allowed in so I went. 

She looked all sweaty and terrible like she's been crying. My dad looked anxious.

"Addison, baby girl, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came here to visit Tim," I said.

"How is he doing?" She asked, screaming as another contraction hit. 

"Terrible mom. Something's wrong with his wolf," I said.

"His wolf?" she said.

"Yeah. They say his wolf is inactive. That's why he's not healing," I said.

"I've only ever heard of one person having their wolf suppressed and that was me by the Moon God," she said.

"Mom, would you get over your obsession with the Moon God?" I asked.

"Addison, don't talk to your mother like that," my dad said.

"Well I'm serious. She blames everything on the Moon God," I said.

"No I don't. All I said was he suppressed my wolf," she said.

"How did you get it back?" I asked.

"Well he put her to sleep. He hurt her so she stayed away until she could heal," she said. 

"So you think his wolf is possibly hurt?" I asked. "Can't you try to call his wolf?"

"Of course I could try. As soon as I get this thing out of me," she said.

She grunted hard as another contraction hit her.

"Baby girl, you better go otherwise you'll get stuck in here for the birth. 

"Why don't you guys go to the cafeteria or go get something to eat and then come back? She should have the baby by then," my dad said. 

"Go get the doctor, Viktor. This baby's coming out of me," she said.

My phone started ringing. I looked and saw it was Nick. I stepped out of the room. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Addison, something happened to my mom. I have to go home for a bit. I probably won't see you before you make your way to New York so have a nice trip and I'll see you when you get back," he said.

"What do you mean you'll see me when I get back? We can call each other, can't we?" I asked.

"No. My phone doesn't really work at my mother's so I'll just see you when you get back, alright? He asked.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" I asked.

"I don't know. Things are getting crazy. If I get back before you, I'll call. I have to go though. I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said.

The phone clicked.

"What's going on?" Oscar asked.

"It's Nick. Something happened with his mother so he has to go home. He said his phone doesn't really work out there so he'll just see me when I get back. I have to go all summer without even talking to him. This really sucks," I said. "My dad said we should eat then she'll likely have the baby."

I took a deep, calming breath. We can make it for one summer, right? Couples do it all of the time. I'm strong enough to wait.

"Earth to Addison. Where do you want to eat?" Oscar asked.