Chapter 27

Author's note: photo of Michael.

Once we got there, Jace took a deep breath. He looked around then headed for the pack house. I hung back with Ezra waiting for his guidance.

"Just go with it Addison," he said. "I can't see anything."

I followed Jace into the pack house with Ezra on my heels. Jace made his way up to my parents' suite. I joined him at the door. Ezra left us there.

"Did you knock?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you," he said.

I knocked on the door. My dad answered the door. He took one look at Jace and immediately tensed up.

"We came to pick up Michael," I said.

"He's in with your mother," he saíd.

I led the way into the suite to the living room where my mom was sitting with Michael. Jace stepped up and held his arms out to take him. My mother looked at me, I nodded then she handed him over. I grabbed him and teleported us home.

As soon as we landed, Jace turned on me. "Why did you bring us here? I wanted to talk to your dear ole mother," he said.

"I didn't think that was appropriate yet. I've barely had time to speak to you," I said.

"You have the rest of your life with me. What's so important?" He asked.

"I feel like I don't know you. Like you're a stranger I have to get to know again. I'm tired of starting over again with you," I said.

"What are you saying, Addison?" He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired. I'm going to bed," I said.

I went upstairs, changed my clothes and went to bed. I felt him when he joined me. Same amount of weight, completely different man. I turned away from him.

I felt him touching my side and kissing my shoulder. He moved closer and wrapped his arm around me.

"Don't," I said.

"Don't what, sweetheart?" He asked.

"I'm not in the mood to be with you," I said.

"Okay " he said then turned around.

I let out a sigh of relief and went to sleep. That night I had a dream about Nick. We were at the diner he used to work at. He was ready to take my order.

"Listen Addison, you can't give yourself to him," he said.

"What? To whom?" I asked.

"The Moon God. You can't give yourself to him," he said. "I'll fight my way back to you."

"I don't understand. Where are you?" I asked.

"Wake up. He's coming," he said. "Wake up."

I woke up with a start and heard Michael crying. It was still dark outside and Jace was fast asleep. I got out of bed and made my way over to my baby.

He was soaking wet. I got him out of his diaper and gave him a little bath. I gently dried him off and then dressed him. I laid him on my bed while I washed and cleaned up his bed.

Jace woke up at some point and held him while I changed the sheets. When I was done, I took him and fed him before putting him back to bed.

"How's your mood now?" He asked.

The dream came back to me so I said, "the same." I didn't know if that dream actually meant anything, but I wasn't taking a chance.

"Come here," he said.