Chapter 29

Author's note: picture of Simon and Jessica.

Never before had he felt so much like my old Nick. I kissed him then sat him down and climbed on. I reached for his pants when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it was Kara.

"It says it's Kara," I said.

"Give me the phone," he said as I handed it over. He picked up saying, "hello."

I watched all of his facial changes then he handed me the phone. He got up, setting me aside and started walking around the cabin.

"Hello," I said.

"Addy. You guys have to get out of there. Like I was telling Jace, she only left because she figured out where you were," Kara said.

"Thank you, Kara. Talk to you later," I said.

Jace was packing up the necessities while I stuffed my phone and my charger in my pocket.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Getting ready to leave," I said.

"We're not leaving. I'm just making a bug out bag," he said. "She was probably just trying to get us to move out of our safe space. I put a lot into protecting this place. She won't get in here with some hair."

I go and plug my phone back in. I send a text to Abby.

Me: Abby, how are things by you?

Abigail: Excellent. Did you know Beta Aiden is my mate? I know he had a thing for you but I think that's over with. He's been a really good mate.

Me: That makes me really happy to hear.

Abigail: I can't wait until all this business with his mother is done so we can spill the tea.

Me: Me too. I really miss spending time with you, but I gotta go. Jace wants me.

Abigail: Later.

If there was something wrong she would have told me right? That would have been the first thing out of her mouth, right? She at least would have asked for Jace.

I took Jace's hand and led him to the couch. We sat down and looked at each other for a while before I said, "Tell me about Black Moon."

"What's there to tell that you don't know?" He said. "We were working towards exposing our kind to humans but I had second thoughts. I tried to undermine what we were doing but you can't kill an idea. The wolves there are true believers. They want to dismantle the monarchy. They were hoping to get you on their side."

"I would never join a group like that," I said. "That goes against everything that I believe in, everything I know, my whole family."

"I know all that. That's why I was trying to change things. Once I knew you were my mate, I started wanting different things. To be a different person. A person worthy of you," he said.

"When did you know?" I asked.

"That day in the summer when you went back in time and hugged Aiden. It was so weird I asked what that was about and when you described it to me, I knew. Only my mate could have done something like that," he said.

"You told me it was my scent," I said.

"Shall we go over all the lies I told you so you didn't figure out I was the Moon God?" He asked. "You've changed me in so many different ways and then you made me a father. I don't even recognize myself at times."

"I think Nick changed you more," I said.

My phone rang again. This time it was Ezra.

"Get out now. Michael disappeared," he said.