Chapter 35

Author's note: picture of President Mills.

Slowly, I opened up my eyes. My body felt strange. Like it was a foreign thing I didn't know anymore. Jace was still pleading into my ear. From here I could see the tears pouring down. I could hear the catch in his voice, the pain. I reached up and stroked his face.

"Addy?" He asked.

I nodded my head still afraid to use my voice. He began kissing me all over my face. He covered my naked body with a blanket and laid down beside me. I went to sit up but he held me down.

"Take it easy, sugar. You have to get used to this body again. Make a fist," he said.

He took me through moving every part of my body until I felt completely connected again. I sat up and climbed on top of him.

"I don't think that's a good idea, sugar. You should get dressed so we can show your family you're alright," he said.

I kissed him anyway. Feeling those tingles drove me wild. I took his pants off and took what I needed. When we were done I got dressed and he took us to Shadow Moon.

Ezra greeted us at the door. He gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "that's never going to happen again, Addy."

I hugged him tighter before he let go. I grabbed his face then kissed his cheek. I let him go as John and Jacob came running. They both hugged me then ran outside.

"Why don't you go see Mom and Dad. I need to speak with Jace for a minute," Ezra said.

Seeing the look on Jace's face he added, "don't worry. It won't take long."

I kissed Jace then made my way up to my parent's suite. My dad answered as soon as I knocked. He wrapped me in a tight hug and picked me up.

My mother came and started crying as she hugged me. She pulled me into the living room and I sat between them on the couch.

"He promised he would bring you back, but after a week I began to lose hope,"  my mom said.

"I was dead for a week?" I asked.

"Three," my dad said.

"It didn't feel like it was that long. I could swear it was less than a day," I said.

"But you're here," my mom said. "That's all I care about."

"I have some questions," my dad said. "Where were you for those three weeks?"

"I was with the Moon Goddess," I said.

"How were they able to bring you back?" He asked.

"I'm sure the Moon Goddess could have done it on her own, but Jace resurrected me by healing my body then calling me back in," I said. "I became like him when I ate their food on a visit."

"So you're a Goddess now?" He asked.

"I guess so," I said. "I think it was always going to happen but since I was going to die, she made sure I could come back."

"I don't know if I like that. I mean what if when we die we don't get to see you?" My mother asked.

"Let's not get philosophical. I'm just happy to have my daughter back," my father said.

Jace came into the room then saying, "sorry to break up this reunion but we have to leave."

They both hugged and kissed me before I stood up. I grabbed Jace's hand and he whisked us away. We landed just outside the cells.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"The man who killed you is in there. I need you to decide what we do with him," he said.