Chapter 30

Author's note: picture of Serenity.

"We've decided we will take care of Michael. That we'd do it no matter what, but we would like to ask you for permission to move," he said. "We want to move to a more progressive state like California or New York."

"You can't come to New York. That's where we'll be fighting," I said.

"We're not planning on moving immediately and we wouldn't move to Shadow Moon anyway. We heard of a pack near there though that we would like to go to," he said.

Jace's smile widened.

"Oh? Which pack is that?" My mother asked.

"The Black Moon pack," he said.

"But isn't that…," she trailed off.

"Yes it is. It's his pack," he said, pointing at Jace.

"And you sympathize with their beliefs? Both of you?" I asked.

"We do," they said.

"He has other packs in California, Florida, Maine, Washington and right here in Texas, but we heard you live in the New York pack. Is that true?" Simon asked.

"That is true," Jace says. "You missed a few of my packs though."

I looked at him incredulously.

How could you have so many packs at once?

He didn't even mention my packs overseas.

You failed to tell me any of this.

I said all in good time.

How many wolves do you have in your packs.

A couple hundred.

That's not so bad.

Thousand.

A hundred thousand?!

A couple.

Like two?

A few more.

I stood up horrified, but Jace pulled me back down.

Now is not the time for this.

Then when? When you take over the world?

Let's talk about this later. We have to take care of our son.

"I will allow you to move," my mother said. "In a few years. Hopefully we can clean this up before then."

"You can't go to Black Moon until we do. She will be targeting there," Jace said.

Jessica moved to take Michael and I held him tighter, accidentally waking him up. My mom gave them the supplies we brought. Simon gladly took them.

The door opened and their kids came crashing through. Two boys and a girl. I couldn't help but feel like this was a mistake. Of course Jace would like them. They shared his mad ideas.

Simon introduced his kids to Jace and then my mother. He saved me for last. I handed Michael over to Jessica then teleported us away before I started tearing up.

I got us back to my room where I cried on my bed. My mother rubbed my back while Jace held my hand. Neither one of them was consoling me. I was too angry at Jace to receive comfort from him and it was my mom's friend who now had my son.

"Can you leave me alone with my mate?" Jace asked, and my mother left.

"How could you? The only reason you wanted to leave our son there is because they are your followers," I said.